Lately I've come to notice through jamming with others that my tremolo picking or chug / palm muting, galloping was not as good as i thought it was.

i play mostly metal, and when it comes to doing this technique i can do it but it will require far too much effort ( i kno practice more and build arm strength, muscle memory etc etc. )

my question is involving the possibility my picking technique is incorrect, not holding but actually picking.

when picking i find i tend to hold my pick tilted towards my Bridge, and when i try to pick faster my pick will all together just slide right pass the string , its difficult to explain.

So I've tried changing strings to tighten it to provide me with a little more Stability so my string does not bounce my pick off, im using 11's now and it still feels like strings are loose, im using .60 to 1mm Tortex picks.

so any advice on providing stability, building better technique on Tremolo etc type techniques picking wise, or just any advice or things that may be hindering my technique in general.
For stability, you can try anchoring your picking hand to the body using your free fingers and placing them on the body and them tremolo-picking the string you want.

Or you can go to thinner picks, then gradually move up as you get better at tremolo-picking.
Quote by XianXiuHong
For stability, you can try anchoring your picking hand to the body using your free fingers and placing them on the body and them tremolo-picking the string you want.

Or you can go to thinner picks, then gradually move up as you get better at tremolo-picking.

i already anchor, but i think practicing with thinner picks for a while gain may help build it up

thx.
Oh yeah, the thing where your pick slips past the strings, I used to do that, but what I do now, instead of tilting the pick so much, I sort of tilt it and have less of the pick's pointy bit (?) sticking out of my hands and when playing heavy chugs, I let more of my pick come out and play like that.

Hard to explain...it's like pushing the pick out a bit more so more of the pick is hitting the strings and then pushing it back in for the treble strings when tremolo picking?
i dont know if this is how you do it but take the pick like normal and tilt is so its long ways so when its nect to the neck its a 90degree angle, and pick with the very tip its like down strumming only you have a longer tip to give you a better stability if i didnt describe it right im sorry but i cant do any better