This may be the lowest form of gear modding, but I've always loved the sound of slashed speakers, like on all of the Sonic's songs. I also have an old ss practice amp that's just been lying around, waiting to be mutilated in some way. My question is: is there a certain place I should cut the speaker, or do I just cut it anywhere? I don't want to hack it up and have it end up just not working.

Thanks for any help!
Link Wray
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Eat_0n_Kent
Ive never heard of this.
sounds interesting tho.
who's done it?

This is how fuzz was created.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Malmsteen would be prudish religious freak sex. No Hands, no looking down, all the technical bits and not very good for anyone involved.
well I have a celestion G12T-75 that has a torn cone, i guess I can try hooking it up and seeing how it sounds.

im pretty sure it will sound terrible.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Quote by perpetualmotion
This is how fuzz was created.

Yup. I don't think there's really any specific manner. Take a razor blade or a anything really, and make gashes or holes onto the cone of the speaker. Wish I had pictures, but this is what I've seen.

edit: on second thought, I remember the gashes being angled. maybe that will help you out if you go that route.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Last edited by ezlntrooper at Apr 8, 2008,
Hack away from the centre of the speaker - if you happen to cut the cone from the coil assembly, you won't have a nice sounding speaker at all.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
That was how the early distortion was done before the fuzz face was invented. Course cant imagine a speaker would last long run that way.