4 3%
hard rockin' steel
0 0%
SIT
0 0%
Voters: 141.
what is your choice, gentlemen ?
i go for fender...
though i have never tried the Elexirs and DR's, so...

btw, it would be nice to start a discussion on all sorts of strings issues, here.
Last edited by stalin37 at Apr 8, 2008,
wat? do we click on the ones we like and rate them or do we just click on the ones we like? or do we just rate all of them?
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I use Ernie Ball Stainless Steel strings mainly, but I have used DR, and Dean Marrkley Blue Steel's are good too.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
well i like ernie balls and daddarios, never tried elixirs but always wanted to but they cost too much for strings.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Elixirs for me! Had them strung on my acoustic when i first got it and i was hooked there on out. They just hold that new string sound for soooo long on an acoustic, which makes fingerpicking them oh so muchmore enjoyable.
I usually use DR strings, although Ernie ball seem to be popular so im thinking i might give them a go. Can anyone explain the difference between Nickel Wound, Reinforced Plain Steel, Pure Nickel or Stainless Steel. I play mostly rock/metal. Would the different strings affect the sound noticeably? Thanks in advance.
Rotosounds for me, definitly. Although Ernie Balls would be a close second.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
I use super slinkinys,
they are really comfable.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Well, I picked up my first pack of Ernies not too long ago and they are by far my favorite.
It all makes sense
We're capable of beauty
Through sounds that make on cringe
The dogs only hear us now

ernie balls are for me
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
I gotta say, I've used lots of brands.... and I just don't think there is THAT much of a difference in the strings that it makes too much difference (when comparing apples to apples.... similar style string to similar style string).

When you are playing/gigging/recording a lot.... and going through string changes often... I don't think that there is a discernable difference.... may be when one spends alot of money on strings they'd like to think they sound better.... kinda like a placebo effect.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Your crappy amp achieved a purposely crappy tone? I'll alert the presses.
What is it with so many threads about string brands lately?

Can someone start an "ultimate string brand thread", so we don't keep on having these stupid threads?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I use Ernie Ball STHB, but I've been wanting to try out Rotosounds.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I mainly use elixirs, cos I live close to the beach and anything else rusts in 2 days even if I clean them 3 times a day. But if I'm gigging the only strings I use are D' Addario XLs gauge 9-42. Nicest strings I've ever used (for the first 24 hrs)
'
still, not too many votes for Elixirs ; is that because of their price ??...
ernie ball
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I always liked Dean Markley strings, though for the longest time I had to use Ernie Ball because the store only had that. Back to DM now though
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Rotosounds. Sound and feel great.

Made not far away too.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

ernie ball, super slinky, they sound amazing and last forever. i like blue steel's by dean markley too.

I used GHS Boomers when i first started theyre OK
On my Gibson, I use the Les Paul signature strings. On my strat, I use Optima Electric gold strings. They last as long as elixir as they are 24k plated and they sound fantastic (and look it). I use 10s but you can get the signature Brian May set of 9s! They do 8s, 11s and 12s aswell
I use Ernie Ball Regular Slinky Nickel Wound .010 - .046 and I love 'em.
Got them 'couple of months ago, and I love how they feel and sound.
Ernies - skinny top heavy bottom. Slinkys are too light for me...
Quote by Gunpowder
Sekhmet: Known for ritually sacrificing the innards of small woodland creatures.

Also, being a girly-girl.

Quote by Creepingjesus73
As for you, Mistress of Mayhem; just remember who it is who can lick * *** + *****'* **** *****out of the ****** of the ***!

Rotosounds are my favourite. They last forever. Seriously. I'm ashamed to admit that my Strat Copy's strings have been on for over a year (Rotosound Pinks), and they've barely rusted. Also, you get a free high E string.
Quote by TonyS42
ernie balls are for me

Same here. I've only tried ernie's and d'addario's though
Guitars:
- Epiphone LP goth
- Baltiomre Acoustic
- Baltimore Bass guitar

AMPs:
- Line6 Spider III 30W (For sale!)
- Johnson 15W
- Johnson 15W (bass)

Effects: