Worth the $200 (AUS) they cost?

Who thinks its pointless and who thinks its important to upgrade from a soft case?
well a hard case can ensure that your guitar isnt going to get banged up (if you're careless). and they dont go out of tune as much if they are put into a hard case

if you have the extra money and nothing else to buy (and if you lug your guitar around a lot) then go for it, but if you dont.....then dont
Banquo?

X
Last edited by whitetiger4000 at Apr 8, 2008,
If you travel with your guitar a lot then yes, a hard case is worth the $150 - $200 price tag, IMO.
i think is very important if you don't stay home all the time. the guitar is always a "precision instrument" a needs care.
timeo abstemios et dona ferentes

- lovermate: fender american stratocaster sunburnst
- powermate: marshall mg 30 dfx

- seiko tuner (sooo useful)
- korg metronome (keep fingers bleeding...)
200 AUS dollars?

i get mine for around 90.

the decent ones too.

but i buy a gitar with it.

so fair enough.

but even then they are now about 129.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
Sorry about the costs in AUS. Here in the states a hard case can be gotten for as low as 40 bucks for generic cases. And a soft case is not any better than just wrapping a guitar in a towel. Its funny to see a guy I know with a real expensive dean guitar, and his 5150 stack amp. And the guitar is in a gig bag. And with some guitars its just asking to get the headstock broken.
200?thats crazy...
although hard cases are a necessity if u want to protect ur guitar and keep it in tune..

i got a coffin case lined with with purple velvet for $120(u.s.)

try goin somewhere else
A hardcase IMO is a necessity for any guitar player even if you don't take the guitar out of your house a lot. It is great for storage.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
I like soft cases/gig bags because you can carry them like a back pack and they are way lighter. I think if you are stupid and bang around your guitar all the time then you NEED a hard case, if you take care of it at least as much as me then you dont need it. I have 2 acoustics and 2 electrics, both my acoustics have hard cases (well sort of) and both my electrics have gig bags, nothing has brocken...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
If they're not hanging on a wallhanger at home, they're in a hardcase, or at least one of those polyfoam cases.

I've seen too many damaged guitars from people who've had them in gig bags. Regardless of how careful you can be with a gig bag, that's why they call accidents, accidents.

Obviously, some gig bags are better than others, but I seriously dislike the real simplistic "bag" with no real protection whatsoever. If you just can't heft a hardcase, go polyfoam.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Jarryd.
If you travel with your guitar a lot then yes, a hard case is worth the $150 - $200 price tag, IMO.

+1
Hardcases are good for storage and traveling while keeping the guitar safe, but my Gibson USA one weighs a ton. It's not at all portable unless you have a car. Meanwhile I've seen some very nice lite Fender hardcases that you can carry anywhere.
^Technically that case was made in Canada. And yes, they do weigh a ton, but you can easily walk a moderate distance with them without tiring out. and the protection they offer is supurb, all hard cases that is. So my vote is for yes it is worth the money.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
They're well worth it but kinda heavy. Next case I buy it'll be like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBTOX:IT&item=330226344658&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

They're hardcases but use foam. Much better IMO.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
If you've spent an amazingly large sum of money on your guitar. It is definately worth the investment.
I almost cry when seeing people walk out of gigs with expensive vintage guitars bashed and dented.
i'm thinking on getting a hardcase, but nothing's happened yet in my gigbag, but i'm super careful cause i love my guitar. [although i did crack my mirror trying to walk with it on me... i forgot. Didn't hurt the guitar though, just knocked it out of tune.]
O O

___
Hardcases are great for protecting your guitar and transporting it in a vehicle.

But walking with one .... jesus, walking around with a 6 string bass in a hardcase gives you sore ****ing hands!
definetly worth it, i had my epi les paul in its hard case straped to a little red wagon (dont ask why) and the wagon fell over, rolled, and skidded for like 20 feet and the guitar wasnt even out of tune when i picked it up. so i would definetly suggest getting one
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
They are worth it if you're guitar is worth a lot, is worth a lot to you and/or you gig/travel a lot. Also, Hiscox cases are the best IMO.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Even though I dont have a hard case I do believe that it is important to have a hard case even if you dont use it much. But I would never pay $200 unless its make of solid steal with multiple key locks, barrel locks, combination locks, and laser grid *for the pick gnomes*. lol
You can get some good hard cases at rondomusic.com for nearly every shape and style and most of them cost about $50.
A nice hardcase is a must-have if you carry your guitars out of your house very often.

You never know what may happen...
*points to SoLgEr's little red wagon rolling over and skidding*

No, seriously.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
even with the aussie prices here in aus, look for cases on ebay.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.