test and find out

out of my head frusciante uses a marshall superbass, marshall 25/50 silver jubilee and a fender showman blackface edition, all powering 900 jcm 4x12's
mars volta uses vox
hendrix used marshall as well but also a lot of effects (same goes for frusciante who uses even more)
john mayer has his own sign. two-rock amp or something like that, but the john mayer sound is found in an vintage fender amp, like the vibroverb
out of my head frusciante uses a marshall superbass, marshall 25/50 silver jubilee and a fender showman blackface edition, all powering 900 jcm 4x12's

^lies guitar geek is not your head
Quote by Sirnogbert
...Damn you.
Hey i know what those guys use, but the problem is that it is half way across australia and it is second hand. I would normally try before i buy but this seems like such a great deal and i have heard good things about a JCM 900s but i was wondering if it is capable of the above tones. Thanks again.
Quote by niguitars.com

^lies guitar geek is not your head

no actually i know that, but too be honest yesterday i re-read an article which stated the exact same things so that partially makes me a wannabe, yes
John now uses 2 Marshalls Silver Jubilee 25/50 and Marshall Major. There's no Fender anymore. I think that JCM900 would be nice for RHCP's distortion/solos but for the cleans... I don't know but I'd check out something else... with better cleans.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by porter_668
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Marshall/JCM+900+2501/10/1

I have found a rather good offer on this amp and I was wondering what the pros and cons of it are and if it is good for music like Muse, RHCP, Mars Volta, Jimi, bit of John Mayer, Incubus and White stripes?

Thanks in advance.

I'm wondering almost exactly the same things
^I've heard the 900's cleans are actually pretty immense for a Marshall (that's not a Bluesbreaker)...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
900 is a nice amp and it can do a fair range of music IME

for the stuff you said, yes good amp