New 2008 PXD Series.

Aluminum pickguard, emgs, kahler trem!!

these look really awesome!!

I'm getting one as soon as they come out!

-Comments?
Link?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
horrible looking
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
Horrid
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
They could do without the pickguard.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
They're awful, cosmetically. You want a metal guitar to be angular and agressive- looking. These look like somebody drew spikes on amoebas.

I can't imagine they're too amazing- sounding, either.

EDIT: Well, at least they've got a sense of humor. After the little slidshow on that page ends, it says "PXD- None More Black".

God, I hope they weren't being serious.
Last edited by hrdcorelaxplaya at Apr 8, 2008,
The first one that popped up on the sight was called "Tragic", I thought it was appropriate.
I've never been a big Peavy fan even when they were "cool", that's just me, I'm just an old Gibson/Fender guy.
The Twenty-Three and the Void look pretty good to me. And for once we get a horned headstock that doesn't look like a scrotum cradle.

But I don't like Kahlers, and it totally kills it that they got Juliya *spew* to model with it.
All I can tell you is to find a place that you can try one out, if you like it, and you like the looks of it, then get it.

I guess I'm a bit old school, when I was in highschool, back in the 80's, Peavy was a "Walmart, K-Mart" brand of guitar. They were cheap and not very respected. But hey, maybe they have changed over the years. I never had the priviledge of playing one, nor did I have the desire either, so I can't tell you if it a good guitar or not.

Good LUck on your selection.

Gibson SG Classic
Laguna LE 422
Dean Razorback
Washburn LK60PS
Fender Bass
Ibanez Acoustoc/Electric
Marshall MG 15HFX Microstack
Line 6 Spider III Amp

Remeber...... Every where you go, there you are!
i recon they show promise. the EMGs with the after burner probs sounds great. though be interesting to see what woods theyre using, and what sort of necks. probs mahogany, worth a look anyway
I was playing around on their site (bored) and in the custom shop, they let you upload a custom graphic to put on it for an extra $400, I thought that was kind of cool. I just can't get past the looks of their guitars, the head stocks are hideous! I think they need to start over from scratch.
i dont like the shape of any of them =/
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
not a big fan of the looks, but I would like to play them.

not into pickguards
They look revolting. Way to screw up a guitar with such features.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Wow ugly body shapes and pickguards.. Horrible.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

They need to bring back the Vortex EX. That guitar was great. Their Rotor series are pretty awesome too.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Releasing the Jason Becker signature would make them popular again.

And MajorPain, in the 80s they were actually good guitar! They had their US made ones, and after EVHs deal with Kramer (assumably in the 90s now) they did the EVH wolfgang.
I've never seen another guitar look like these....they are all their own.

when I buy mine ill let you all know how they are.
Looks like great features, and peavey you can't go wrong...they havn't let me down yet....but i guess we'll see what happens

mahogany neck with rose wood fretboard 2 emg, kahler trem (if you know anything about trems..these are REALLY GOOD *MY FAV*) (and were always one the most expensive) they quit makin em for the longest time.

Everyone is saying....horrible!!........haha I love it.....i want a guitar that everyone thinks is ugly!
Last edited by ILoveGuitar07 at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
(if you know anything about trems..these are REALLY GOOD *MY FAV*)
They're good, yes. But they have downsides. They may have the smoothest operation of all, but they'll go out of tune on big bends.
with my experience..they havn't.....even my floyd rose says in better tune with locking than my les paul with upgraded tuners......the kahler is even better in my opinoin.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
with my experience..they havn't.....even my floyd rose says in better tune with locking than my les paul with upgraded tuners......the kahler is even better in my opinoin.

Your opinion is in my opinion void, since the bending hard = going slightly out of tune flaw with Kahlers has been well-documented, tested, proven, etc.

For me, it means no Kahlers. I like my bends.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by bemiswins
if someone flames you on the internet for music you like, they fail.

Here's my YouTube if anyone wants to see some of my videos.
They're alright...
"If you tell anybody about these trees.. I WILL CUT YOU!!" - Bob Ross

Gear
Ibanez RG470 | '87 Peavey Predator LMT
Peavey 5150!! | Vader 212!! | Crate GLX65
MXR Dime Dist | Crybaby | Boss TU-80 | ISP Decimator

My Band - Under the Blade
Quote by Kanthras
Your opinion is in my opinion void, since the bending hard = going slightly out of tune flaw with Kahlers has been well-documented, tested, proven, etc.

For me, it means no Kahlers. I like my bends.

I disagree.

Don't forget to stretch your new strings as that can cause tuning problems.
Quote by ILoveGuitar07
I disagree.

Don't forget to stretch your new strings as that can cause tuning problems.

Sorry, but according to my religion I must refuse to believe that until I see a video of a somebody hooking a Kahler-equipped guitar up to a tuner, verifying that it's in tune, plucking a string, bending a full step or more, releasing and then once again filming the tuner showing perfect pitch before the note rings out. And then afterwards, the same approach, but with a double stop bend. Stretched strings or not, my money is on the guitar getting thrown audibly out of tune after a big bend, something that doesn't happen with my FR at all.
Pikka is absolutely right. Theres videos documenting it on youtube. Its a commonly known problem with kahlers. They cant hold their tuning after large bends. That said if you dive bomb after the bend the strings go back into tune. Thats a hassle I'd rather do without how ever.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13