i'm interested in having either ibanez j.custom and jem.
but buying both would cost me a fortune so i'm thinking of mods.
which ibanez model, along with it's original volume pot & tone pot, could be the best body if i'm thinking of modding the H-S-H pups?
it will need to accomodate
(air norton)-(blue velvet)-(tone zone)
or
(evolution neck)-(jem single)-(evolution bridge).
if possible, i want the guitar neck as slick as j.custom's.
and also a floating bridge plus the locking nuts.
and mahogany body if possible.
Last edited by necrophilic at Apr 8, 2008,
rg1570 and if you can afford a j custom or jem, you could probably afford to have the body refinished to whatever you want, that is if you don't like the standard colours. But overall with some money for mods this guitar is great.

EDIT: I noticed you also said mahogany body, so maybe you would prefer an s series with the ZR version 2 trem or a higher RG although they only basswood but come with the edge zero tremolo.
RGT320Z

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1228&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=51

not exactly cheap mind.

If you want mahogany an S Prestige is probably more cost effective.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
RGT320Z

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1228&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=51

not exactly cheap mind.

If you want mahogany an S Prestige is probably more cost effective.

nah. RGT320Z is too expensive to be a possible substitute. with an additional 30000-40000 yen i can get the j.custom. and it's not H-S-H pup config by the way.

s prestige costs about the same too.

thanks anyway.
Quote by Lrn2shrd69
rg1570 and if you can afford a j custom or jem, you could probably afford to have the body refinished to whatever you want, that is if you don't like the standard colours. But overall with some money for mods this guitar is great.

EDIT: I noticed you also said mahogany body, so maybe you would prefer an s series with the ZR version 2 trem or a higher RG although they only basswood but come with the edge zero tremolo.

RG1570 sounds like a good substitute, except for it's basswood body. i can compensate the poor sustain with a keeley compressor (that's why i wanted mahogany). and it's half the price of an s prestige.

just wondering. can you adjust the height of the pups on this particular model (RG1570)?