The epiphone LP standard would all be made in a factory, so they would be the same wound't they? So you could in theory try one out, then get another one off amazon? Why do people say you have to try the same guitar out that you buy, even if it's the same kind?
I think you'd be okay with epiphone since I don't think theres any hand carving or sanding going on.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
Too Legit, Too Legit to Quit.

The build might be good, but the set up might not be.
Quote by imgooley

The build might be good, but the set up might not be.

OK, what is that supposed to mean?
they should be pretty much identical as far as dimensions and tolerances, but the action (string height) may be higher or lower on different guitars, and the piece of wood that the guitar is made out of may have better tonal qualities.
Quote by imgooley

best movie, lol gotta love when they all start singing towards the end and the riot breaks out.
Quote by Flipaningage
OK, what is that supposed to mean?

The first part or the second part?
The first refers to the classic MC Hammer tune, To Legit To Quit

The Second refers to the fact that the setup on some epi guitars is better out of the factory than others.
Quote by gir vs wild
best movie, lol gotta love when they all start singing towards the end and the riot breaks out.

OMG! You've watched Hot Rod too?

I saw it yesterday and i thought it was hilarious lol.

His out of body experience with the Taco and Grilled Cheese.......classic lol.

I guess the problem with buying a different guitar to the one you tried out is because they are different. I mean, they are gonna have a different 'feel' to each of them. I know it sounds odd but its true. Or so i believe.