how do you people hold your picks? i hold mind my my middle and index on one side and my thumb on another...do any famous people hold picks with 3 fingers or more,like me?

and is there anything wrong with holding the pick with three fingers?
Thumb and index finger FTW!

Should stick a poll up man!
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
b4$IX forum?
I think Santana plays with his thumb first and third fingers. Or used to i'm not sure. But I did notice on a video I think. Honestly the weirdest effective way i've seen someone holding a pick is the way Marty Friedman holds it (or atleast used to). It's just not natural. But man, can he play.

The Gear I Use Most:
Gibson guitars, Les Paul, ES-335, SG and more.
Dunlop Crybaby | Dunlop Volume | Boss TU-2 | Ibanez TS-9 | Maxon AD-999
Planet Waves Custom Leads
Marshall JCM900 (model: 4100 + 4101)

TooJoo The Band
thumb and index
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
Thumb + index

I hold my pick so that one of the fat corners hits the strings. Anyone else do this?

Also, James Hetfield holds it like you.
Really, the right way to hold a pick is the way that you play best and most comfortably.
(Thumb & index finger for me, but I had to go get a pick to check, as I didn't actually know)
Quote by leephan
Thumb + index

I hold my pick so that one of the fat corners hits the strings. Anyone else do this?

I do that
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
Quote by leephan
Thumb + index

yeah i had to get good at that cause my pick always rotates around as im playing
Word.
Quote by leephan
Thumb + index

Stevie Ray Vaughan did
whatever you feel comfortable with...just make sure not too much of the pick is sticking out...
I hold it like you, TS... It feels weird to do it any other way.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
The first days i used to hold with my index and thumb, then friend of mine said "it looks stupid, you should add your middle finger too". Can't remember how long i played like that, but because i thought i'm holding it wrong, i changed back to index and thumb, played like 2 or 3 years like that,

but when i did my scale practice and stuff, the pick moved around, so i started fooling around with three fingers, first it felt uncomfortably, after a while it felt better, but my wrist got tired pretty fast, but my scale practice was super so i decided to start playing with my three fingers, doin it for few months now and it's way better now.
Quote by leephan
Thumb + index

yea i do it. i find it faster
I use my index, middle and thumb. Works fine for me, but it does look like I'm calling everyone in the crowd a tosser if I'm doing the palm muting thing XD
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I hold my pick in my balls
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
I'm Just a Box in a Cage
Quote by IwannaBeSadated
I hold my pick in my balls

Do your pubes ever get caught in the strings?
Hurp De Durp
i use three.. (thumb, index, middle)

mainly because im lefty and play right handed, taught myself too so thats whats most comfortable!

but... i have recently wandered into the scary world of "techniques"
and im sweeping to be an absolute bitch

a good point is about pinch harmonics tho.. anyone else do them like this?

> three fingers on pick normally, to PH index comes off and hits the string instead of the thumb part normally used...

anyone?