'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Sheraton overall, it's got those looks most people like.

Although I prefer a no-frills Dot myself.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Sheraton probably has better build quality, although the dot is pretty good. Ive seen a side-by-side comparison on YouTube of the Dot and the Gibson ES335 and they sounds very similar, you cant really tell unless its side by side.
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Easily the Sheraton. Higher build quality, better pickups, better electrics, and that binding and headstock decal is seriously sexy. The Dot is a great guitar, but has its flaws. For example, the stock pickups lack definition (sounds like the amp is under a blanket) and the electrics are iffy. That said, for the extra money you would spend on the Sheraton, you could get the pickups and wiring replaced on the Dot.
Happy, lost and still unaware.
Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe & Epiphone ES-335 "Dot"
Laney VC15 + Ibanez TS808

I Don't Play Metal.
Quote by happy-and-lost
That said, for the extra money you would spend on the Sheraton, you could get the pickups and wiring replaced on the Dot.
This is what I'd go for.

There is the famous YouTube video of a stock Dot being played against a vintage Gibson 335 and the difference truly would be almost completey unoticable if they weren't being played directly one after the other. I think that says more about the sorry state of some Gibson guitars though, rather than anything about the quality of the Epis...

I think the best option would be a Dot or Dot Studio (satin finish and just one volume and one tone control - otherwise the exact same as the regular Dot. Personally, I think the Studio model actually plays a bit better, thanks to the satin finish on the neck), and use the saved money to replace the nut, pickups and wiring.

Yes, there are good reasons why the Sheraton costs an extra two hundred: it has binding on the neck and headstock (Dot only has binding on the body), the neck is solid maple (the neck on the Dot is three-piece construction - though some people actually argue that this is better), the pickups are the Korean wound ones (instead of the Chinese-wound ones on the Dot), and the Sheraton gets the 'fancy' feux-gold hardware. But the actual body wood is the same species and grade, and you could use that two hundred you save on the Dot, to have the inferiorities changed anyway.

Short version: Dot/Dot Studio, upgrade. It ends up being better.
Quote by bokuho
This is what I'd go for.

There is the famous YouTube video of a stock Dot being played against a vintage Gibson 335 and the difference truly would be almost completey unoticable if they weren't being played directly one after the other. I think that says more about the sorry state of some Gibson guitars though, rather than anything about the quality of the Epis...

I think the best option would be a Dot or Dot Studio (satin finish and just one volume and one tone control - otherwise the exact same as the regular Dot. Personally, I think the Studio model actually plays a bit better, thanks to the satin finish on the neck), and use the saved money to replace the nut, pickups and wiring.

Yes, there are good reasons why the Sheraton costs an extra two hundred: it has binding on the neck and headstock (Dot only has binding on the body), the neck is solid maple (the neck on the Dot is three-piece construction - though some people actually argue that this is better), the pickups are the Korean wound ones (instead of the Chinese-wound ones on the Dot), and the Sheraton gets the 'fancy' feux-gold hardware. But the actual body wood is the same species and grade, and you could use that two hundred you save on the Dot, to have the inferiorities changed anyway.

Short version: Dot/Dot Studio, upgrade. It ends up being better.

cheers for the advice, and thanks everyone else
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12