Page 1 of 2
Is there any way to rip a pair of jeans, say at the knee, so that they fray? I've got a really old gray pair that are falling apart, so I thought I'd see what I can do with them by ripping them up some more to see if it looks cool. And I've got another pair that I don't wear anyway (I'm a shorts kinda guy). Both are made from cotton I think.

Can it be done and how would I go about it?
A U S S I E
try doing the cut with a blunt knife so that they fray more..... if not just run them through the wash a few times........ also 2 khann...... cutting ur jeans is not faggy, it lets u get an xtra few years out of them wen u have put a massiv rip thru the leg somewhere........
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Quote by Khann
You could not be a fag and not destroy your jeans.

+1. don't intentionally rip your jeans or buy ripped jeans. it's gay
...cut them, then pull at them?
Quote by metacarpi
t3gan? Coming to the UK?

*smooths mair and straightens shirt*

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
t3gan and Bec > Tegan and Sara.
i thought the ripped thing went away in the early 90's.. along with pogs and kurt cobain..
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
thats pretty lame dude...*sigh* however you prob get laid more than me.
Word.
They're destroyed anyway, and like I said, I normally wear shorts. Just want to try something different
A U S S I E
Something different, by doing what everyone else is?

Just go buy them at Hollister. All the cool kids buy them there!
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Quote by irishman
+1. don't intentionally rip your jeans or buy ripped jeans. it's gay

+90. Peopl who wore ripped jeans did it not out of choice or because they thought it looked cool, they did it because they couldn't afford new ones. Don't purposely rip your jeans, that's pathetic, either it naturally happens or it doesn't. It's the same sort of thing with Chuck Taylors, back when people like the Ramones wore them, they simply wore them because they were cheap, not for the style. Then 20 years later kids buy them for mega expensive prices thinking "omgz im so punk lolz!!" when by buying them they are defeating the whole point of why they were worn in the first place.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
I'm not smart enough to put my idea into words, but it involves putting rocks inside your jeans and dragging/smashing them on the ground.
Quote by Khann
You could not be a fag and not destroy your jeans.

True

The only rips that belong in jeans are ones that are either

A. Earned through hard labor
B. Caused by other intense phyical activity
C. Caused in the act of
------ 1. Bedding a female
------- 2. The Pursuit of said female to be bedded
D. The Massacre of The Great Horny Toad
C. For no other reasons than stated in A-D
Quote by Kivarenn82
i thought the ripped thing went away in the early 90's.. along with pogs and kurt cobain..

Pogs will never die
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm Aussie, I don't know what the f*ck Hollister is. And I actually never see people wear ripped jeans around here. It's always... Well, just normal jeans.
A U S S I E
go trip over a few times on a road. for real. it works, i fell off a skateboard once and there was a big hole in my jeans even though it was a pretty small fall
Get a skateboard and rub the griptape on the knee. And buying ripped jeans costs twice as much as doing it yourself. I went into a store, a normal pair of jeans cost $40, the same pair of jeans with a retardedly placed rip, $70.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
+90. Peopl who wore ripped jeans did it not out of choice or because they thought it looked cool, they did it because they couldn't afford new ones. Don't purposely rip your jeans, that's pathetic, either it naturally happens or it doesn't. It's the same sort of thing with Chuck Taylors, back when people like the Ramones wore them, they simply wore them because they were cheap, not for the style. Then 20 years later kids buy them for mega expensive prices thinking "omgz im so punk lolz!!" when by buying them they are defeating the whole point of why they were worn in the first place.

Hmm, I never really associated Chucks with punk lol. I wear a pair of scrappy low cuts I've had for ages, I can't afford new shoes, certainly not Converse

Same goes with my jeans, I have three pairs, and I'm not buying any more. Shorts FTW! I just want to rip them because well, I'm bored, and want to try something different (for myself, I don't give a crap how many other people wear ripped jeans, because I normally wear shorts, and wearing ripped jeans would mean I'm breaking my own conformity, which must mean I'm some sort of f*cked up introverted punk wannabe who spends too much time reflecting upon myself and the way people think of me)

Yeah.

A U S S I E
u should get emo jeans, then they'd cut themselves
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by kenan6346
^lol or you could skip the $100 skateboard and just buy the griptape..

lol. true, but i meant if you already have one.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club
Quote by kenan6346
^lol or you could skip the $100 skateboard and just buy the griptape..

Or you could just save a few more bucks and buy sand/glass paper
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by druz15_UG

Hehehehehe. You made me chuckle.
A U S S I E
Quote by Jcore44
Is there any way to rip a pair of jeans, say at the knee, so that they fray? I've got a really old gray pair that are falling apart, so I thought I'd see what I can do with them by ripping them up some more to see if it looks cool. And I've got another pair that I don't wear anyway (I'm a shorts kinda guy). Both are made from cotton I think.

Can it be done and how would I go about it?

Jeans = cotton?
Gore AND Core; unite!
Just cut them a bit and then rip the whole bigger and they should fray. Or just fall over which is probably the best way to do it.
Member #21 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS club. PM Revelations to join
SRV+Rory Gallagher>All

Quote by willpulman_172
powerslave756 speaks the truth.

Quote by Jcore44
Hmm, I never really associated Chucks with punk lol. I wear a pair of scrappy low cuts I've had for ages, I can't afford new shoes, certainly not Converse

Same goes with my jeans, I have three pairs, and I'm not buying any more. Shorts FTW! I just want to rip them because well, I'm bored, and want to try something different (for myself, I don't give a crap how many other people wear ripped jeans, because I normally wear shorts, and wearing ripped jeans would mean I'm breaking my own conformity, which must mean I'm some sort of f*cked up introverted punk wannabe who spends too much time reflecting upon myself and the way people think of me)

Yeah.

Yeah, try it if you're bored I guess then. Or just wear them heaps until they get torn.
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
What's with all the hate towards ripped jeans? Sorry, am I a "conformist" because i own a pair? I like them. It's an opinion. And I am not a "fag".

Seriously, what's with people and derogatory homophobic remarks nowadays?
Quote by metacarpi
Pogs will never die

ugh.. you're right.. i'm sorry
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by estranged_g_n_r
+90. Peopl who wore ripped jeans did it not out of choice or because they thought it looked cool, they did it because they couldn't afford new ones.

Ya, like Kurt Cobain...

He's getting a few extra years out of a pair of ripped jeans by making it look like they were intentionally and fashionably designed that way.
Get over yourself.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
brute force, best results by far, you'll need scissors for the seems though

and cut offs are never to be worn outside
My jeans ripped because I work on my knees (LOLOLLIKEGIVINGBLOWJOBS) when I clean out the walk in cooler at the place I work at. Your jeans will get naturally rip at some point.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Just wear them, don't do it intentionally, then you'd look like a Backstreet Boy.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by druz15_UG

You should stop being a cu.nt, and cut yourself.

To OP, I had to rip a pair of jeans for halloween (being a zombie), just get a pair of scissors, place the jeans on the ground outside and just hold the scissors open with a handtowel round the blade that you're gripping. Then just go mad slashing the legs of the jeans, then do a couple of sideways slashes and it will all fray and rip.
I like my coffee black, just like my metal.
Attempt to ollie over something that you have no chance in hell of successfully clearing. Works every time.
Everyone becomes a genius when they join UG
Get leglessly drunk and lairy, then when you wake up next morning, your jeans will have a rip in them. Worked for me, and several other people I know.
...Bleep Bloop...
Page 1 of 2