Hey guys, I've been looking to buy a new guitar for quite sometime, and I've been considering the Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat. I've played it before and I love the tone, you can do a lot of things on this guitar. I play Blues,Classic rock like Richie Sambora ,rock and roll,progressive metal like Satch and Andy Timmons and some hard rock and I was wondering if this guitar would be worthwhile getting. I'm considering the new SV5470 Ibanez prestige as well but I might not get a chance to play it before ordering it so I am a bit skeptical on putting the money down for it. If I get the MIA Deluxe HSS Strat I will probably fit it with PAF Pro/breed and maybe some Tone Zones or Cruisers in the neck and mid, something like an Andy Timmon's set up.So what are your opinions? Thanks in advance!
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)
i have the SSS it's amazing get it... and a new amp

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

i'm interested in one of these but getting hold of one here in england seems almost impossible. if i'm paying out all that cash i want to be able to try a selection of them and pick my color/neck options, but none of the fender dealers seem to have even one.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by dr_john
i'm interested in one of these but getting hold of one here in england seems almost impossible. if i'm paying out all that cash i want to be able to try a selection of them and pick my color/neck options, but none of the fender dealers seem to have even one.

Try finding one in ash. Now that was a challenge.

Anyway, I think they're really great guitars. My ash MIA deluxe is SSS, but I played the HSS a few times before deciding and it was tight. Quality feel, quality tone, ect.
Quote by Tomaz24
Try finding one in ash. Now that was a challenge.

Anyway, I think they're really great guitars. My ash MIA deluxe is SSS, but I played the HSS a few times before deciding and it was tight. Quality feel, quality tone, ect.

yeah that sounds great, nice one.

i wondered about ash, gonna make finding one even more difficult as you say. does it make that much difference, and how?

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
i would recommend an american vintage over the deluxe. IMO, it was simply the better guitar of the two, i felt that the am vintage had the 'true' strat tone while the deluxe had a more mellow, not so stratty tone.

i was trying to decide between the vintage and the deluxe, and i took the vintage home...
i heard the new fenders are awesome, so try it out. i haven't heard much about the new Ibanez s5470, but it must be good, and it suits metal a little more than the fender
Yea but I'm more of a Rock n Roll person, nyway I think its always good to try the guitar first before purchasing it blindly right?
My Gear:
Ibanez SV5470 Prestige
Washburn WG208
Marshall MG15DFX(Practice amp)
Peavey Classic Rocker 30/Vox AC15( Coming soon)
POD X3 Live..xD
Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special(In my dreams...)