Hopefully the school will be putting on a school concert soon or perhaps i will have to do it but whatever. i need a few songs to play.

Preferably standard tuning because my guitar teacher is a Nazi when it comes to tuning my guitar.

I like metal/rock stuff like

Metallica, System of a down, Rise Against, Megadeth, Children of Bodom etc

Only problem is most of these bands use drop tunings or some other tuning that isn't standard.

Please don't tell me to just change tuning because i wont do it. its to much of a pain to change tuning every time i want to practice.
You could transpose songs from those bands to standard tuning maybe? You'd be playing in a higher key but it might give your covers an interesting edge...
Quote by the_poison125
Hopefully the school will be putting on a school concert soon or perhaps i will have to do it but whatever. i need a few songs to play.

Preferably standard tuning because my guitar teacher is a Nazi when it comes to tuning my guitar.

Only problem is most of these bands use drop tunings or some other tuning that isn't standard.

Please don't tell me to just change tuning because i wont do it. its to much of a pain to change tuning every time i want to practice.

5mins is a pain?

Anyway, just play ' I cum blood '.
Most those bands only use 1 halfstep down tuning (Eb). You could easily play songs from those bands, as long as all your bandmates agreed to play 1 halfstep higher too. The only exception is the newer children of bodom stuff, which is in drop tuning.

What school do you go to? Cause my schools having a scool wide concert comming up, your posting in the popular time for my timezone and my school music teachers also a nazi with the tuning.
5mins is a pain?

Anyway, just play ' I cum blood '.

he probably has a Floyd Rose.
If you like Metallica and Megadeth, nearly all of their songs are in standard.
Quote by demonofthenight
Most those bands only use 1 halfstep down tuning (Eb). You could easily play songs from those bands, as long as all your bandmates agreed to play 1 halfstep higher too. The only exception is the newer children of bodom stuff, which is in drop tuning.

What school do you go to? Cause my schools having a scool wide concert comming up, your posting in the popular time for my timezone and my school music teachers also a nazi with the tuning.

Lol well im in West Australia. I dont like giving much more info than that
hangar 18, symphony of destruction, holy wars, those are good and doesn't need to tune.

or maybe enter sandman, master of puppets, you choose, they're a lot.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Jackson Kelly KE3

Strymon El Capistan
RMC4 Picture Wah
Sunface BC-108
Fulltone OCD
MXR M-108
ISP Decimator
Bad Monkey
Danelectro Fish & Chips

Peavey ValveKing 112:
-Celestion Vintage 30
Quote by the_poison125
Lol well im in West Australia. I dont like giving much more info than that
heh lol. Victoria here, just thought it was a coincidence, thats all
Quote by Utci
hangar 18, symphony of destruction, holy wars, those are good and doesn't need to tune.

or maybe enter sandman, master of puppets, you choose, they're a lot.

The only problem with them is there solos are either

A) Impossible *Cough* Hanger 18 *Cough*
B) Require a Wah pedal
C) To hard for my rhythm guitarist (although that that might not matter as i might just scrap the band ive got and start a new one)
A) Imnprovise your own solos to hangar 18 and copy as many licks as possible, no-on apart from br00tal megadeth fans would know the difference. Only the first couple of licks from each lead break needs to be copied.
B) Borrow a wah from a friend
C) Get a new guitarist
Quote by the_poison125
The only problem with them is there solos are either

A) Impossible *Cough* Hanger 18 *Cough*
B) Require a Wah pedal
C) To hard for my rhythm guitarist (although that that might not matter as i might just scrap the band ive got and start a new one)

are you saying your rythm guitarist is to bad to play the rythm duing solos? if that's the case you should probably start a new band
Quote by demonofthenight
A) Imnprovise your own solos to hangar 18 and copy as many licks as possible, no-on apart from br00tal megadeth fans would know the difference. Only the first couple of licks from each lead break needs to be copied.
B) Borrow a wah from a friend
C) Get a new guitarist

Yea he isnt that great (Being playing 8 months perhaps?) I think i will try to find someone else.
Quote by the_poison125

yeah id stick with metallica and megadeth and stuff like that. usually when playing cover tunes people like to hear songs that they know like sabbath, when me and my buddies played war pigs in front of the school we got a better response out of the crowd then our other tunes.

also i say you should do seek and destroy
fun song