Right so I've narrowed down my choices between:

CORT ARTISAN C4 (but found a few cheap A4's on eBay so might be an option)

SCHECTER ELITE 4

YAMAHA RBX374

PEAVEY GRIND

FENDER MIM P BASS

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Haven't been able to try all of them out yet due to stores only stocking the Yamaha and the Fender.
Last edited by triptych at Apr 24, 2008,
whats your budget?

i really like the cort GB334 pretty versatile
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
About 250euro at the moment so I'd be buying from Thomann.de or eBay. Don't know much about Ibanez basses but they make some nice guitars.
Their both obviously a step up from a squier. But like your saying, go into a guitar store and try many different basses, get a feel for whats right for you. i dont know much about the cort basses but ive read some good reveiws...

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/brand/Cort
-Home brew tele
-Fender American Strat
-Fender mim Jazz
-Partocaster Strat
In progress: -Soloist build
-Vintage bass refinish

-vox 847 wah
-Blackstar distortion

+Vox AD30VT

"when I die, there won't be a funeral, but a jam session"
Personally, I never cared for Cort basses...

I would recommend the Schecter Elite-4 bass, or any bass in the schecter line for that matter. They usually have kickass pickups in them, and have great finishes. Check some out if you get the chance
Calender

Quote by Xaldin714
why does Thin Lizzy sing in english if they are from ireland
Maybe consider saving up a little more money so it's less of a side grade and more of an upgrade. I know the Cort's and Schecters are a step up, but maybe a little more would be a more appropriate upgrade for what you want. Just a thought.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Maybe consider saving up a little more money so it's less of a side grade and more of an upgrade. I know the Cort's and Schecters are a step up, but maybe a little more would be a more appropriate upgrade for what you want. Just a thought.

I concur. If you save up a bit more, you will get a bass that will last you much longer.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
hmmm might be willing to go up as far as 350euro but since I've only moved over to bass from guitar I don't think I'd really be up for spending much more than that in the near future.
I'd say the Fender MIM but I think it's out of reach if you are paying up to 350.Only 2nd hand
Oh, ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
Quote by st4m
I'd say the Fender MIM but I think it's out of reach if you are paying up to 350.Only 2nd hand

I'd be getting one from eBay so I'd be looking for a good deal on a second hand one alright although they pop up brand new very cheap pretty often.
While I will probably get flamed for this I reccomend the Epiphone Thunderbird. Everyone on here hates it but I think it has great sound, the only thing it doesnt handle to well is slap. And if people start complaining about the neck dive dont listen. Its not that bad. I can play for over 2 hours and my shoulders dont even begin to get soar. you could find them on ebay for around $200.
Aye they're within my price range but dear God they're hideous. Cheers though.