Poll: What age and were you guys good as a band?
Poll Options
View poll results: What age and were you guys good as a band?
below 14yrs,and we rocked your friggan arss
9 4%
below 14yrs,and we were average
27 13%
below 14yrs,and we sucked
38 19%
15yrs to 17yrs,and we rocked your friggan arss
11 5%
15yrs to 17yrs,and we were average
21 10%
15yrs to 17yrs,and we sucked
23 11%
17yrs above,and we rocked your friggan arss
3 1%
17yrs above,and we were average
5 2%
17yrs above,and we sucked
4 2%
i like cake
61 30%
Voters: 202.
Page 1 of 2
just curious here...just want to know how old you people were when you got your first band...and were you good?
14. We sucked.

EDIT: I can either be below 14 or 15+? What if I was 14? This is stupid.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
3 vote so far, all on suck

I was 15. We all went round my mates house when he got his new drum kit and were all 'YEEEEEAHHHHHHHHH LET'S DO THIS!'

We rocked. Hard. Met up, nothing happened. And again. And again.

Then we stopped. Shame, that one session we wrote half a song, tabbed and everything on guitar pro.
I was 13 and had played bass for two months. It was me and my two guitar playing friends and there was nobody to play drums.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
About 13 or 14 and we were pretty popular locally. People always tell me to play again but I was the bassist and don't like playing bass anymore.

Take a guess at how good we were
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by petrina_678
i was 14 but i was the youngest.....

WE ROCKED ASS!!!!!!!

we still do

yeah..your bands amazing...and i can't believe its possible...14 year old singer with band members 6 years older...dang,you wait and see...i'll get a band too!
I voted 15, but that was a mistake, I was actually 14. We probably had quite a bit of potential, we just never did any work until about a year and a half ago.
15/16 and we sucked completely, we all started are instruments the day we started the band. We are 18 now and meh I like are music.
Apparently, I can't be 14.
But it was 14. Never really got into it, because I had this whole "emo" craze for a short period of time, and a week later realised it was b/s. So well, the other members would only write emo/gothic songs...and I were like NO WAIZ. And one of the members didn't even really care.

Since then I've tried to build my own style (wich is going well, need more theory though) and getting technically better at guitar. I have a singer with almost same taste in music, and same humour as me, so I need a bassist and a drummer, some more theory, and to begin writing some more and we're ready - to record...and perform of course!
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
13 and we actually weren't horrible, weren't that great either. Damn that was a long time ago....
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
I was 13. We kicked ass.... in our own minds. We played a gig and the people didn't even know we started. When we were done playing, they thought we had finished the soundcheck. So yes. I guess we were pretty horrid
i was 15ish and it was me on guitar and two singers we werent good but we were funny
i had a good time
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Quote by psychodelic
i was 15ish and it was me on guitar and two singers we werent good but we were funny
i had a good time

two singers?

wait...
yeah we were just a total joke band it only lasted for a couple months though
Gear:
Gibson Explorer, Wine red Natural finish
Hughes and Kettner Vortex Black series, Half stack
Peavey Stereo Chorus 400
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
i was 17, we could just never practice.. being too busy..
at 18, one kid was too controlling so i decided to just quit it.
Quote by venom0014
look on the bright side, at least your not black.
We were about 14, and we could just play really well together. We weren't amazing but we could down a good couple of songs to a reasonable extent.
I was 13 I think. I had been playing for less than 6 months. The other kids had been playing for 5 years + each.

We did one comp and came 3rd... then it all broke down.

yeah.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
14/15. We sucked ass
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
13 and we started out with poison the well covers haha
even better, we stayed together for close to 4 years
hug your local pug dealer!
My first band, Receipts Guaranteed (because that was written on the folder we kept our lyrics / tabs in).

We were rubbish, in a awesome way. Simple progressions, nothing but barre chords. I was doing vocals (note: I wrote vocals, not singing). Did one gig, in New York, in Ozzy's Basement at New Years (which is all true, but it wasn't that impressive). We were drunk, it was rubbish.

Everybody loved it!
Under fourteen, and we were abysmal. The plan was for us to be a metal band, but the other guitarist liked emo music and indie music, the drummer was useless and his taste depended on his current friends, he now likes drum'n'bass and the bass player hated metal and tried to make everyone play what he liked - ska.

But, now, I've formed a thrash band called Incarnadine, and we're recording a couple of songs soon; so all is well.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by NoobOnZone
two singers?

wait...

So?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Page 1 of 2