I'm trying to figure out what pickups to put into my 72 Telecaster Custom Deluxe. I'm getting rid of those Fender Wide-range pickups, which are definitely not hot enough for my tastes and/or amp. My musical style ranges from classic rock to modern alternative/hardcore.

I've been debating between two different combinations ...

1) Seymour Duncan JB (Bridge) and 59' (Neck)

2) EMG 81 (Bridge) and 60 (Neck)

Now I realize one is active and one is passive ... but beyond that simple fact, which would you recommend? Or would you recommend a completely different combination altogether?

Thanks for your help ahead of time ... I appreciate it!
seymour duncan JB (bridge) and Seymour duncan Jazz (neck)

how about that?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
If you want a hot bridge, you might look at the Seymour Duncan Dimebucker for obvious reasons. The Invader pickups are also pretty massive (A7X's lead guitarist uses them), but I think you would have to listen to it a fair amount because the sound is not quite the same as other hot pickups... Good luck though!
You're going to have trouble getting them in.

I'm buying the exact same guitar, and probably play the same music as you--but I'm just keeping it stock and gonna play the hell out of it with no regards to anybody.
Quote by Maiden-Canada
If you want a hot bridge, you might look at the Seymour Duncan Dimebucker for obvious reasons. The Invader pickups are also pretty massive (A7X's lead guitarist uses them), but I think you would have to listen to it a fair amount because the sound is not quite the same as other hot pickups... Good luck though!

How come everyone else on UG mentions these pickups with contempt?

To TS: If you are looking for classic rock to modern alternative/hardcore, the first combo you suggested would be the better of the two. However, look around at other pickups and wait until someone who has tried other pickups enters this thread.
Duncan Custom in the bridge, 59 in the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by supergerbil
How come everyone else on UG mentions these pickups with contempt?

I'm not saying I don't like them; far from it, I dig Synyster Gates' tone! I just mean that they have a sound that's very high-end emphatic, even Syn calls them "whiny" sounding.
Quote by Maiden-Canada
I'm not saying I don't like them; far from it, I dig Synyster Gates' tone! I just mean that they have a sound that's very high-end emphatic, even Syn calls them "whiny" sounding.

You misunderstand. Contempt means an intense disliking. Most people on UG say that they hate the dimebucker and invader.