What i mean by this is, is there a band where the drummer is the guitarist too?

For example. For one group of the songs one dude would play drums and another would play guitar. then for another group of songs they would switch up?

I havent really heard anything like this before but heres my situation.

I've been playing guitar for awhile but i also play drums. for the band im in i play drums and we have a guitarist and bassist. I still want to play guitar so that idea came to my mind about interchanging. the guitarist now is a good drummer to but he loves to play guitar, so i took drummer

so any bands that do this?
Umm join another band as a guitarist and do both?

My friend's band's guitarist/screamer plays drums better than guitar but is still guitarist and another guy in that has 3 bands going and he's either bassist or guitarist for those
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
My friend's band the two guys playing bass and guitar swap all the time to be fair.
foo fighters much?

i believe mr groll regularly switches between drums and guitar... and the drummer plays the guitar... atleast tries to...
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

the foo fighters sometimes do that, with dave grohl on drums and taylor hawkins on guitar
foo fighters, taylor can play play guitar as well, not just drums, and as we all SHOULD know dave is a legend drummer

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Just give up, because Callo just destroyed you.
Quote by daytripper75
if i am not pooping, i stand to pee. if i am pooping, it makes more sense to just sit down in the first place.

CALLO

Genesis comes to mind. Not so much interchangeable, but Phil Collins would play drums one song, then sing the next.
I play guitar, bass, violin, mandolin, and sing, my friend who's in a band with me plays guitar, drums, and sings, our temporary bassist plays cello, guitar, bass, and piano, so we all just do whatever we need for a song, it's really alot of fun, never having to do the same thing twice.
Except, I'm the best guitarist/bassist, so I find myself playing lead more often, but I prefer that, actually. Guitar is, after all, my passion.
So, yeah, if no other bands do it, atleast mine does, and I'd recommend it to anyone who can.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
YOURCODENAMEIS:MILO often switch around the two non-singing guitarists and the bassist, to have all guitarists or sometimes multiple bassists.
Explosions in the Sky's bassist often plays guitar though I think that's not quite what you're asking...
We Are Scientists don't have a set drummer nowadays but again, I don't think that's what you're asking...
Brand New switched guitarists and bassists around when i saw them at leeds fest, but I think those were just extra musicians they had drafted in for all the parts.
the best thing is creating compromise. if they dont compromise, then perhaps things will just suck.

dragonforce is known for EVERYONE playing guitar...otherwise i'm not sure of any big bands.
Killswitch Engage's Adam D plays both lead guitar and plays drums for the recording sessions sometimes. nowadays he plays the guitar, back when Howard wasn't the screamer he was a drummer
Quote by venom0014
look on the bright side, at least your not black.
Quote by DeSean
The Beatles?

Paul did everything on "Back in the USSR"

And he is an absolute disgrace to liverpool.
Most of the stuff that Paul did was ****. The beatles are gunna die in order of how much respect they get from fellow scousers. Ringo's next in line!

Back to the discussion.... off the top of my head, the only band I can think of with interchangable members is the Doves!
Quote by Mud Martian
Dont be an idiot! The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines!
Test Icicles do I think (trying to recall an NME article I read years ago :P)
Quote by Martindecorum
murderdolls use to do this

Joey should've stuck to drums. If he was playing guitar for 5hit, he wouldn't get a smell!
Quote by Mud Martian
Dont be an idiot! The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines!
I understand The Sam Roberts Band interchange in concert, in The Inhuman Condition and We Were Born in a Flame booklets Sam Roberts is credited with most of the instruments. I was told in concert they continue this trend and change it up.
the smart thing to do would be to be in another band playing guitar. if they are akll good musicians like you say, you should let them do what they do best. id rather see a great guitar player play guitar and a great drummer play drums then a great drummer play mediocre guitar and a great guitarist play ok drums
Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Quote by metalclash22
Killswitch Engage's Adam D plays both lead guitar and plays drums for the recording sessions sometimes. nowadays he plays the guitar, back when Howard wasn't the screamer he was a drummer

Yeah he was the first guy to spring to my mind. As well as being a SICK producer. Is there anything the man can't do?!
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Explosions in the Sky,

Although not exactly as you said, the bassist sometimes plays guitar as well, and they have three guitars.

Radiohead kind of do it as well, both guitarists use the modulation effects, so both play guitar and do the modulators at different times.
I'm surprised no one has said this yet but The Eagles do something like that. I'm not sure if they trade, but I know Don Henley plays guitar and sings some times.
For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "if I live I will kill you."
"If I die, you are forgiven."
Such is the rule of honour.