Hi.

I hope I posted in the good section....

As I'm a Self-Learned guitarist, I lack a lot about Theoric Music and don't even have a clue about what I have to do to insure my musical developpement.

Well, fact is I'm playing a lot of Megadeth and Quo Vadis songs from the UG database, have a full Nirvana's experience of all their song, but never have considered Theori.

Can you put a ligh on the path of the unexperienced theoric neophith that I am? I don't know where to start and I'm too lazy to check all of the forums threads to help me figure out what to do...

Send me an email, post here, PM me, give me all you're words of F*ck Off...Anything.

hey i was in the same boat about a month ago man, I started working on the scales though first off. If you haven't looked at them before there like notes around the fretboard that go together musically. If you have guitar pro you can see the whole list of them or else you can look at some of the secions on here about them. Once you get those down start building apon them with nodes and trying to make ur own, but definately scales are the best starting point, it helped me a bunch
Thank you all a Bunch =).

As I practiced, I noticed that some notes sounded really well one after another and did myself some...."Scales".

Problem is, I don't understand anything about Major, Pantatonic, Minor... I tryed the website of BlisteringDDj (thank you =D ), but I don't get what goes with what. I mean, does E scales sound good only with E scales? When do whe sould use different types of scales...?

You're answers shows up many questions , but I think I'm getting a little bit of palpable informations ^_^.
Josh Urban has written a series of articles called "The Crusade" - you'll find them really helpful...here's number 1

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/general_music/the_crusade_part_i.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Yggräsil
Thank you all a Bunch =).

As I practiced, I noticed that some notes sounded really well one after another and did myself some...."Scales".

Problem is, I don't understand anything about Major, Pantatonic, Minor... I tryed the website of BlisteringDDj (thank you =D ), but I don't get what goes with what. I mean, does E scales sound good only with E scales? When do whe sould use different types of scales...?

You're answers shows up many questions , but I think I'm getting a little bit of palpable informations ^_^.

To make yourself understand it a bit better, play for example Em (chord. The "m" stands for minor :P). Then try to play the minor scale, starting on E (open E string or 12th fret on E string for example). You will notice that the scale works very well with that chord. You can also play Em pentatonic scale togheter with that chord, but NOT the major scale (unless you play the G major scale... You will understand this when you understand the circle of fiths).

I'm not that good at explaining in english xD
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Last edited by BlisteringDDj at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by BlisteringDDj
To make yourself understand it a bit better, play for example Em (chord. The "m" stands for minor :P). Then try to play the minor scale, starting on E (open E string or 12th fret on E string for example). You will notice that the scale works very well with that chord. You can also play Em pentatonic scale togheter with that chord, but NOT the major scale (unless you play the G major scale... You will understand this when you understand the circle of fiths).

I'm not that good at explaining in english xD

nah, that made sense sir.