Page 1 of 2
So I read in the newspaper today that someone hacked into a support forum for people suffering from epilepsy, changing the code to make the colours on the site flash rapidly causing epilepsy attacks for the viewers.

They say it's the first hacker attack to cause physical damage.

They also mentioned anonomys in the article, and it may or may not have been an april fool's day joke (although I have read reports from several sources).

Opinions? Snips of information?
A friend of mine was playing counterstrike in college with a guy who had epilepsy, and surprised him with a flash grenade!
Damn near fu*kin' killed him!
Quote by Mud Martian
Dont be an idiot! The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines!
Quote by Homeless Kev
A friend of mine was playing counterstrike in college with a guy who had epilepsy, and surprised him with a flash grenade!
Damn near fu*kin' killed him!

That's awesome. It is sorta the guy's fault for playing CS, knowing he had epilepsy.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by denizenz
That's horrible, but I'd be lying if I told you I didn't laugh a little.

same here.

13,893 currently on the floor etc

i know i shouldnt but this is the pit - many many more will laugh too
I laughed but that is a seriously mean thing to do.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
lol I think we all laughed a bit...its a sadistic thing to actually do, but

cumon

priceless.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
Quote by markodeano1
I think....

SEARCHBAR

This storie is at least a week old now

It's exactly one week old.

And I did use the search bar. Just because it's old news doesn't mean anyone made a thread about it.

And on topic, I giggled when I read it. It's a horrible thing to do, but it's so DAMN hilarious. The mental images are just beyond funny.
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos

I don't know which smiley to use

This thing could turn the ellection!
I know that this was organised throught the chans. However "the management" (if that is the correct term for them) claims this was a set up by scientology to tarnish "annonymous" name .

I can't help but feel that the chan runners have never actually looked at the forums if they don't believe the users did this.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Quote by leeb rocks
I know that this was organised throught the chans. However "the management" (if that is the correct term for them) claims this was a set up by scientology to tarnish "annonymous" name .

I can't help but feel that the chan runners have never actually looked at the forums if they don't believe the users did this.

So the news paper was correct?

That is hilarious.
I laughed, but daaamn that's just not right...
Posted By Joth
BassyJoey has a sweet toosh!
That's horrible man...my sister has epilepsy. Why anyone would want to cause physical harm to people who cannot help their disorder is beyond me.

That is funny, but wrong because it is physically hurtful to people. It's a cheap laugh and a low blow at people with epilepsy. They should really be more creative/thoughtful.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

For girls it's like "here's Barbie...you're fat!"
Quote by dannyniceboy
That is funny, but wrong because it is physically hurtful to people. It's a cheap laugh and a low blow at people with epilepsy. They should really be more creative/thoughtful.

If anything it's creative; it's a first!

Not saying it's right, but dammit if they didn't made me laugh.
Quote by flipthatchicken
i laughed. sue me.
*sues*

The court finds in favor of element4433

Flipthatchicken, you owe me one million dollars.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Renka
If anything it's creative; it's a first!

Not saying it's right, but dammit if they didn't made me laugh.

It isnt that creative its like tripping a blind person.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic
With boys it's like "here's an incredibly complex sport to learn with sophisticated rules and various interdependent roles to play in a social unit."

i didnt think it was funny, what kind of an asshole would do that. I feel really bad because i was on 4chan when they were planning a raid on an epilepsy forum, i shouldve taken it more seriously.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
has anyone actually done this before?

if not,then IT IS creative.
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
my friend (who dwells in 7chan) was totally talking about how him and his internet buddies planned this epilepsy attack.

Report him to the police and kick his ass repeatedly, please.
They should all be arrested for causing grievious bodily harm, the sick little ****s, i'd struggle to even call those ****tarded morons human beings.
Quote by pa3k_2414
has anyone actually done this before?

if not,then IT IS creative.

No it isn't. People have purposefully tried to cause harm to people with disabilaties in the past this wast not creative.

And just because people haven't done something before, does'nt mean it is a creative thing to do. It's original yes, creative no.
Quote by Bubonic Chronic

****, that's horrible...

Horribly funny.
(I'm a disgusting excuse for a human being )
Quote by webbtje
I've lost my bovine virginity.

I'm not even going to tell you what that means.

I loves bagels!

Proud member of the Trivium fans group
Quote by dannyniceboy
It isnt that creative its like tripping a blind person.

No, it's like coming up with a plan that would cause a blind person to trip over by using a device that he'd expect to help him in his day to day life.

It's like training his seeing eye dog to trip him over.
It is worth pointing out at this point that no one have reported any injuries caused by this, only inconveniences and annoyances.
Quote by element4433
*sues*

The court finds in favor of element4433

Flipthatchicken, you owe me one million dollars.

you're a cheeky one
That's damn amusing.

Everyone who has ever viewed the pit is going to hell.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Quote by Draken
They should all be arrested for causing grievious bodily harm, the sick little ****s, i'd struggle to even call those ****tarded morons human beings.

But I thought you were a laughing man.

FREE THE PEAR

this is horrible, but kind of funny. i really hope no-one was seriously hurt
Quote by TheHereAway

I've already told you!

No one was! Or at least no one reported it, and knowing people they would if they were.

Quote by TheHereAway

This's like Dethklok's Home for Wayward Kitties.
FREE THE PEAR

Page 1 of 2