Hey. I need some pickups recommended for like Billy Talent sounding tone. Has kinda mixed cleans and distortion if you haven't heard of them/thier sound. i was looking at the SD Hot Rodded set since they seem pretty versatile and thier #1 seller. Would this be a good choice?
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
i'll avoid the inevitable "no pickups if thats the crap youre going to play"

new pups only make a difference with a decent amp.

save up and get a new head, like a C30, palomino head, used JCM, VK head or something along those lines first. then you'll probably find your tone is now so much better you dont need pups after all
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Yea, im getting a Traynor YCV40WR sometime soon, trading it for my half stack. So yeah..i should have mentioned that. But keep going...
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
well see how yours sound thru the new amp first
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Pickups are something you use to fine tune your sound after you already have the tone you want from your guitar and amp. They will not "make you sound" like anyone.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Obviously, i understand that. But i was wanting to get an idea oh what would be a better output pickup set rather than my crappy stock yammy pups. Why is it such a hassle with UG these days, everyone is so damn pissy...
Guitars:
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier