hey all, for the last little while ive really wanted to get into playing the organ for that 60's pyschadellic sound, and was curious what things should i start to learn/keep in mind so that i can be a decent organ player? or what things do i need to know in other words?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Do you play any keyboard type instruments? If you already do, it'll be a lot easier. Learn your scales.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
you spelt psychadelic wrong

you spelled psychedelic wrong too.

but to the TS. being a good organ player, well it's basically a piano with more keys and a different timbre. i recommend playing on a keyboard for starters. i do realize theres more to it than that (i believe there are switches and levers and pulleys and foot pedals and doohickeys and thingamabobs to mess with too) but all in all good right and left hand coordination is a must.
Its basically a piano. You will, however, have to learn how to also incorporate the different stops and what not.
Just start up by learning as many chords as you can an then you can learn all the other parts. I just started to play the piano too but a piano or organ makes more sense then a guitar so you learn quicker and eventually youll be able to just see how to take one chord from looking at another. =)
Quote by XgamerGt04
Its basically a piano. You will, however, have to learn how to also incorporate the different stops and what not.

Organs are in no way piano's. The only thing they have in common are the actual keys, but thats where the similarities end.

At the TS:
If you've played piano or keyboard before you know where all the notes and stuff are. If you haven't, buy some old keyboard somewhere. Then learn your basic stuff you would learn for guitar.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
you spelt psychadelic wrong

It's "psychedelic", dumbass.

Anyway, the suggestions here are all good, and there are some scales that will give you a dreamlike kind of sound, the whole tone scale coming to mind immediately. Get your piano skills down solidly, familiarize yourself with some scales and then play around with effects.
sorry for spelling psychedelic wrong

I have no real piano background, so from your guys suggestion, the places to start are to figure out scales on the organ, and find out how to make chords likewise on the organ correct?
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C