I have a few questions about Doctor-Patient Confidentiality. I'm going to the doctors later today for being really sick. If I ask the doctor if something that isn't exactly legal (smoking) is effecting the sickness, can I still get in trouble?

My next question is I'll most likely be getting a blood sample tested. If they find any illegal substances in my blood, will they report it? Or tell me?

Thanks guys.
I'm pretty sure they can, as that has nothing to do with what medical procedure you're having or your personal information.
Quote by chocolateman900
I think they probably can, but I don't think they usually would

right. plus, doesn't that confedintiality go away if a crime is broken?
If it's juicy enough. He'll post w/e he finds on teh interweb.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
I hardly think any doctor would. And if it gets to that just ask him before you disclose anything explicit to him.
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Unless what you're doing is harmful to others, they can't tell anyone without committing an illegal act themselves.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Unless what you're doing is harmful to others, they can't tell anyone without committing an illegal act themselves.

You're a smart cookie, you are.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by break-me-in

Exactly. The general rule is that they can't tell anyone else unless it prevents an imminent harm to someone else.
Hi, I'm Peter