so i'm going to be joining this band, and a friend of mine that's in it sent me this song that they all made. i recently tabbed it out, and i would like to do a recording of the guitar part to make sure i have the right idea. the thing is, it changes tempo and time signatures throughout the song. since i'll be playing with a metronome, how am i supposed to change tempo in the middle of the song? I obviously can't playing to increase the speed on it, so what can i do?
put the song on with earphones and play along while recording rather than using a metronome?
Rockin' shit
get guitar pro, tab it out on there with the tempo/time sig changes
Quote by jimmyhotpants
put the song on with earphones and play along while recording rather than using a metronome?

then i would just be following the recording, and i would have a greater chance of getting out of time. I know there has to be a way, because artists normally record each part seperately right? and most bands have mid-song tempo changes at one point or another..
Quote by stueey
get guitar pro, tab it out on there with the tempo/time sig changes

+1. How did you tab it in the first place? On a piece of paper?
I tabbed it out in power tab, but i don't really want to play along to it while recording unless i have to.
Just create a tempo track in your recording software that changes the time signature and such. Then just play to the integrated metronome.
There is poetry in despair.
Why not record the drums first, and then play along with the drums instead of with a metronome?

Otherwise, yeah, tempo mapping is your only solution, so long as your software allows it, and it can be kinda pesky to figure out.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Spamwise
I tabbed it out in power tab, but i don't really want to play along to it while recording unless i have to.

Can you somehow export the Metronome in Power Tab? i know it has one but i don't use it much.....
I know with audacity you can set how many measures the set click track goes for so all you would need to do is set a few different times for different lengths and play along with that.

Im not sure if you can do this in Sonar or Reaper, I hardly use a click track...