Epiphone red dot, or mim telecaster?

Music sounds like foo fighters, radiohead, soundgarden stuff, which one do you think would do the job better
They're two completely different- sounding guitars. Personally, I'd go with the Tele. That's me. The real decision you have to make is whether you want the brightess and twang of the Tele or the warmth and grittiness of the Epi's humbuckers.
You're going to need a heavy amp to get a Telecaster to do some of those genre's well IMO. Especially if you have a Tube/Valve amp. Telecaster is going to be very treble oriented and those bands are more of a mid-low growl sound for the most part.

So if those are the only 2 guitars to choose from them I would say the Epi...... even though I believe the Tele's and Strats are better guitars overall.

By the way good taste in bands.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
i have a jcm 900, and right now the tele is doing a good job, but i want to know if the dot would do a better one.

ha thanks man about the good taste in music remark
i would invest my money in an epihpone les paul, explorer or firebird personally as this is what these band do usually use but the tele is a brilliant guitar dont go for the semi acoustic though they are anoying whilst playin
Quote by gooooog
i would invest my money in an epihpone les paul, explorer or firebird personally as this is what these band do usually use but the tele is a brilliant guitar dont go for the semi acoustic though they are anoying whilst playin

I refuse to respect your opinion if you refer to a semi- hollow as a "semi- acoustic". It's a semi- hollow electric guitar, it's not meant to be played acoustically.
how are they annoying, i've played semi hollow bodies before, they were sweet.
The Telecaster is a reasonable guitar for the styles you picked, but a Tele Custom would be better for the thick, humbucker-y sound of the Foo Fighters and similar. Maybe try the Fat Tele as a compromise.
Likely you'll need the humbucker sound. So go for the epi.

Plus, Grohl and Shiflett both use semi-hollows sometimes. Dave even has his own signature one.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome