I thinking about buying a Marshall 3315 Dual Channel 150 Watt solid State Head for $350obo. have any info on this amp? i looked at reviews for it and it looked pretty good for a solid state.
Quote by Horlicks
Meh, sounds crap, look at Roland cube and Vox Valvetronix

im gettin a head though
Randall are really the masters of solid state. Otherwise, find a cheap used tube amp.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by PissedOffGerman
im gettin a head though

Why? If you're getting a solid state head, I can almost guarantee you that you don't need one.

Quote by mafropetee
Randall are really the masters of solid state. Otherwise, find a cheap used tube amp.

Roland and Tech 21 make some pretty nice ones, though. How about "Randall are really the masters of high- gain solid state amps?
Quote by Horlicks
Meh, sounds crap, look at Roland cube and Vox Valvetronix

Save up some more then

EDIT: WTF happened then
Last edited by Horlicks at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Roland and Tech 21 make some pretty nice ones, though. How about "Randall are really the masters of high- gain solid state amps?

Hah good point. Roland Cubes are quite good. Never tried a Tech 21, though.
Quote by mafropetee
Hah good point. Roland Cubes are quite good. Never tried a Tech 21, though.

Meh, the cubes are decent solid states. I was referring to the Jazz Chorus.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Meh, the cubes are decent solid states. I was referring to the Jazz Chorus.

I've heard that thing gets incredible cleans.
Probably sounds like an MG. Which is BAAAD.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by PissedOffGerman

The drunk black guy in the background makes me skeptical.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude

lol. thats not the actual one i want to buy its just a picture of one
See the 'Similar Products' list.... thats bad news.
Teh Gear:
Squier Affinity Fat Strat
Digitech RP-350
Roland PA-250
Old custom made 1x12" cab x2

No. 1 Digitech RP-350 recommender

Linux users UNITE ! ! !

I WANT THIS ! ! !
Quote by PissedOffGerman
would you consider that it is better than other solid state heads for $300?

"Better" means nothing in that price range. You need to forget about a half stack and buy yourself a tube combo.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by FLCLcowdude

Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by Archeo Avis
"Better" means nothing in that price range. You need to forget about a half stack and buy yourself a tube combo.

or not because i already have a tube stack.... just waiting to get it back. but i need this for band practice alrighty
God no, unless you can get it for under $200.

Otherwise if you are really stubborn about the SS head, get a Jazz chorus for cleans, and check out randall for high gain.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Quote by gregs1020
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-V-Series-V33H-33W-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487052
If you need a good amp head for $300 ish, try this before you go solid state. I was impressed with the series.
Please don't go solid state or you will be a seriously pissed off german once you realize you pissed off $300 bucks. Just sayin...

my rhythm guitarist has an mg so i know what crappy solid states sound like, which its not that bad accept at loud volumes it isnt great. but im going to be using a
rp-500 with this and i could probly use most of the sound from that and the volume from the marshall i guess..
Is it just for a couple practices then yea. I have not tried that ss head tho. I tried the crate v series and was very surprised, especially for the money. I still say get the V33, or at least try one and make your own call.
Quote by gregs1020
Is it just for a couple practices then yea. I have not tried that ss head tho. I tried the crate v series and was very surprised, especially for the money. I still say get the V33, or at least try one and make your own call.

i wish i could but my small music stores in town just sold out and guitar center is to far away... luckily this guy sellin the head lives in my town so if i dont like it then i would probly get one of those