ok I got a T mobile phone earlier this month from a T mobile store in the mall where I live...Well I ended up returning it because the texting was retarded because all I text are verizon users, so I went with verizon to save money....

Anyway, when I returned the phone the clerk told me I was past my return date, which was untrue so I happily pointed out to the dolt that February did, in fact, only have 29 days (not 31) in it. After that he tried to tell me that I had a 14 day return window.....I started to get angry because on my contract, which I showed to him multiple times, it said I had 15 days.

After trudging through this happy bull****, he took my phone, my contract and everything with it in a bag, and placed it behind the counter and told me to have a good day. Heres where **** gets really shady.

I payed $60 for the phone and $30 for the activation fee, so I made a mention that I wanted my $90 back and he told me I would get it from them in 6-8 weeks. I had a bad feeling about this, he just stuck my **** behind the desk and didn't enter anything into his computer or give me a receipt or anything....This store is run by college students I might add.....

Well, a month later here we are, and I receive a bill from T mobile in the mail for $66. This includes my plan and the obligatory charges and then I look closer and they charged me for another activation fee.....

So heres my conundrum, should I have been charged for the whole monthly plan even though I only had the phone for less than 2 weeks? Honestly I don't even think they even returned my phone, and I shouldn't have been charged another activation fee... I don't what I should do.... I know I'm gonna have to call them though.... I want my $90 back

If anyone has had something similar happen, what did you do?
i play drums and guitar :
Last edited by bluehawk15620 at Apr 8, 2008,
you shouldn'tve been charged, and you should call them and get your $90 back. I'm a T-Mobile user myself, but this has never happened before :/
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by tjhome28
February had 29 days...

lol fixed but most of the time it has 28... the guy actually asked another customer if feb had 29 also... i did say 29 when i was there, i was just typing to fast to notice i suppose
First off, ALWAYS GET A RECEIPT!!! Never give anything to anybody without having proof to show for it.

Second, no you should not have to pay the whole monthly bill. At worst they sould pro-rate it to charge only what you used. And you should definitely not get charged twice for the activation fee.

Just a warning though they usually don't give back the activation fee.
My Gear:
-Washburn Idol 66 Pro
-Egnater Rebel 20
-Roland Micro Cube
-Ibanez Acoustic/Electric
Most defiantly cont\act the Tmobile customer service department. Make a formal complaint about the billing and the salesperson. Make it up to make it sound like you were treated like dirt, spoken down to and insulted, what they gonna do call you the customer a liar! I think not somehow. If they give you any hassle demand to speak to their manager and so on untill you get what you want. Demand your money immediately or maybe even instruct your bank to recover it. Write to the MD of T mobile with a really agressive way if it goes nowhere. You will be heard. oh and demand compensation for your "treatment". Always works for me.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Apr 8, 2008,
I'm afraid I didn't read that, but just for reference, T-mobile very recently fucked me over.

The woman in the shop was hot though, so that makes up for it...
Quote by halikus
Most defiantly cont\act the Tmobile customer service department. Make a formal complaint about the billing and the salesperson. Make it up to make it sound like you were treated like dirt, spoken down to and insulted, what they gonna do call you the customer a liar! I think not somehow. Demand your money immediately or maybe even instruct your bank to recover it. Write to the MD of T mobile with a really agressive way if it goes nowhere. You will be heard. oh and demand compensation for your "treatment". Always works for me.

yea thats what I was gonna do...If they refuse, Ill tell them
I'm contacting a lawyer.... that usually works

To the person who said always get a receipt, I know I should have but when they ask to show proof that I returned it, I made a note to make sure there were security cameras in the store, so I know I'm on video somewhere, I just hope they keep the tapes...
I hate T-Mobile but since my parents pay for my cell phone bill I can't do much about it. Even though our service absolutely sucks in my house. I'd prefer Verizon cause all my friends have it and it would save money on my parents but can't complain they put a roof over my head, I gotta go with the flow.
Quote by bluehawk15620
yea thats what I was gonna do...If they refuse, Ill tell them
I'm contacting a lawyer.... that usually works

To the person who said always get a receipt, I know I should have but when they ask to show proof that I returned it, I made a note to make sure there were security cameras in the store, so I know I'm on video somewhere, I just hope they keep the tapes...

Don't know about over there in the US, but in the UK the respective "Trade Ombudsman"(sp?) is more fearsome!

Tell them your story, throw trade ombudsman in to the mix, and you're well away to the land of refunds and apologies!
Thats T-Mobile for you. I can't tell you how many times I ****ing exploded on those ****ers and cussed them out in the store and on the phone. They are the worst phone service I have ever come across. You will just end up getting ripped off.

Quote by halikus
Most defiantly cont\act the Tmobile customer service department. Make a formal complaint about the billing and the salesperson. Make it up to make it sound like you were treated like dirt, spoken down to and insulted, what they gonna do call you the customer a liar! I think not somehow. If they give you any hassle demand to speak to their manager and so on untill you get what you want. Demand your money immediately or maybe even instruct your bank to recover it. Write to the MD of T mobile with a really agressive way if it goes nowhere. You will be heard. oh and demand compensation for your "treatment". Always works for me.

No, what they will do is tell you what they told me. "We are not affiliated with the kiosks in the mall and cannot control what they promise to you. It's in our company policy stating "insert opposite of your complaint here" They are ****ing con artists.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Last edited by nebiru at Apr 8, 2008,
t-mobile are ****, i was with them when i got my first mobile a few years ago and after a while, i couldn't top up anymore. went through a good couple of weeks of being unable to put more credit on my phoen and then decided it'd be much easier to swap networks, cuz the site did bugger all for me and i don't think customer services were much better
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
Quote by bluehawk15620
This store is run by college students I might add.....

No, it's run by a multinational telecommunications company, they're just the grunt labour. Go into the shop and ask to speak to the manager about it. Failing that, ring customer services.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by -February-Star-
No, it's run by a multinational telecommunications company, they're just the grunt labour. Go into the shop and ask to speak to the manager about it. Failing that, ring customer services.

In America students run Multinational Telecommunications Companies.
In Russia Multinational Telecommunications Companies run you...