Long ago i was told that eating your boogers helped improve your ability to fight illness and disease...

could someone shed some light on this for me please?

also is there anyone out there who can admit to performing this frowned upon task?
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Yes' I eat my own boogers, and it's given me an immunity to every known disease, super-human strength, and the ability to fly...has'nt cured social awkwardness though, I'll have to try eating something else for that.
It actually has the opposite effect, Boogers catch all the dirt that you breath in through your nose, so instead of it all going into your lungs it gets stuck in the boogers. Point being you shouldn't eat your boogers.
i can admit to performing this task

on a regular basis
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
i remember reading some scientific study on this in school...some group of scientists actually conducted a study and its almost like getting a shot...you know, a little bit of the disease or germs will help your body build an immunity

edit: yeah, i eat my boogers sometimes too....
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
wow! smokin_sarah is totally right. If you stopped to think about what your nose actually does you'd realize that you have been lied to for someone to sit back and laugh at your antics.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I'll admit to picking my nose, because having boogers in there bothers me. But eating them... that's just gross. I'd rather wipe them on people as they pass by.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.

Did you know that if your fist can fit in your mouth you are retarded?
██████████████████████████████
Quote by mafropetee
I'll admit to picking my nose, because having boogers in there bothers me. But eating them... that's just gross. I'd rather wipe them on people as they pass by.

that is such a good idea...

id never thought of that before
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
Quote by mafropetee

definately
Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself: "Mankind". Basically, it's made up of two separate words - "mank" and "ind". What do these words mean ? It's a mystery, and that's why mankind is.

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/map /
boogers and snot are considered bodily waste. dont eat that, unless you wanna make a 2 girls and 1 cup-esque video.
Considering boogers are mucus, the function of which being catching bacteria/stuff we don't want coming through our nose into our lithe, supple, clean, shiny lungs, I really don't think that's got any semblance of truth to it whatsoever.

That said, the bacteria you'd therefore swallow would probably get killed by the acidity of your stomach anyway.

So no, it probably doesn't do anything, and it's still nasty to do so.
Quote by smokin_sarah
It actually has the opposite effect, Boogers catch all the dirt that you breath in through your nose, so instead of it all going into your lungs it gets stuck in the boogers. Point being you shouldn't eat your boogers.

Eating bogies while very young might actually help in the development of the immune system. Probably once you pass maybe 10 years old or something, it's just a very small amount of extra protein, but at early stages of development, the immune system does require stimuli in order to develop properly.
Point being, kids need to be dirty and gross.
wow! smokin_sarah is totally right. If you stopped to think about what your nose actually does you'd realize that you have been lied to for someone

Surely a little of something bad will prepare your immune system for a big dose of it if that happens, thats what vaccines do
Eeeeeewwwwwww
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by webbtje
Considering boogers are mucus, the function of which being catching bacteria/stuff we don't want coming through our nose into our lithe, supple, clean, shiny lungs, I really don't think that's got any semblance of truth to it whatsoever.

That said, the bacteria you'd therefore swallow would probably get killed by the acidity of your stomach anyway.

So no, it probably doesn't do anything, and it's still nasty to do so.

A lot of bacteruial and fungal spores will survive, and the mucous of your nose is just the sort of place they'd get stuck.