Okay so I've been shopping around for a while, and stumbled upon an original Fender Twin Reverb (Silverface). It has a master volume knob, so I'm guessing it's 1972-1973. It's in good condition, and has the original speakers. I tried it out, it sounds beastly. It doesn't come with a footswitch, but I have effects pedals. So my question is, is about $750 a good deal for this amp? The reason I'm asking is because I have no idea what the going price is for one of these.

EDIT: The price is $450 Sorry about that. lol

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Last edited by MrDinkleberry at Apr 8, 2008,
thats a real good deal...
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
i heard the master volume twins aren't nearly as good as the non master vol twin reverbs. don't quote me on that though.
Stay away, i almost bought a '71 no master volume for 550. The MV ones arent nearly as good. You can find a much better deal.

And master volumes started in '77 ('76?) and onwards.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
Stay away, i almost bought a '71 no master volume for 550. The MV ones arent nearly as good. You can find a much better deal.

And master volumes started in '77 ('76?) and onwards.

Master volumes were added in '72 already. The wattage was raised to 135w in '77.
So is about 450 USD a good price for this?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Where is this deal btw? I'm not gonna steal it or anything, just curious.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by mr_hankey
Master volumes were added in '72 already. The wattage was raised to 135w in '77.

+1. I have a '73 with a master volume that's 100 watts.

I paid $400, and I'm happy. It's a good deal, but not amazing. You could probably turn it around for $600 if you wanted to.