So..i recently purchased a Vk212, but guitar center has recently started being really stingy and cheap. Wtf, i always used to go to guitar center and haggle their prices down a couple hundred bucks, but recently they've been bought by the owners of home depot, toys r us, and some other huge franchise. That freaking sucks, no longer can you haggle with their prices, but they've recently taken out some of the employees I've known there and replaced them with other employees that have been recently employed from other companies. So now guitar center (even though it has been) is part of some huge monopoly. This includes musicians friend too. This freaking sucks, am i the only freaking one that thinks this sucks?!
<--- Satch?
He just said they won't haggle anymore, how is that cheaper?
Too many people own guitars. Someone had better go play a... clarinet or something.

:stickpoke

That means you.

Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
i once sneezed and a mushed up chip flew out my nose
needless to say i immediatly ate it
Quote by weirdsprout
He just said they won't haggle anymore, how is that cheaper?

I guess he means cheap like in crappy, failing, letting him down.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by StratoHamster
So..i recently purchased a Vk212, but guitar center has recently started being really stingy and cheap. Wtf, i always used to go to guitar center and haggle their prices down a couple hundred bucks, but recently they've been bought by the owners of home depot, toys r us, and some other huge franchise. That freaking sucks, no longer can you haggle with their prices, but they've recently taken out some of the employees I've known there and replaced them with other employees that have been recently employed from other companies. So now guitar center (even though it has been) is part of some huge monopoly. This includes musicians friend too. This freaking sucks, am i the only freaking one that thinks this sucks?!

How do you haggle down their prices?

Do you like mess with the webpage's html code?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Why a fellow rodent!

i had to double check, and when i noticed i laughed
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by metaldud536

I believe "This includes musicians friend too" was meant to refer to his statement about GC being part of a monopoly.
Quote by metaldud536

Guitar center is a chain store also. not just an online franchise
yea I know...I bought an epiphone les paul there....nothing to compare with yours but they also told me they were bought by "bla bla" dont remember, when I wanted to haggle the price down a little bit cause Im cheap
Thats why i go to The Great House of Guitars baby
I always thought the good thing about the guitar was that they didn't teach it in school.
-- Jimmy Page

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
yeah its lame
this dude Ian worked there and i used to always bump down the prices and he'd throw some stuff in there for free
Local Stores FTW! I'm going to start using Daddy's Junky Music.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
seriously! God, i was so angry when they told me that. I've seriously always thought guitar center to be friendly, and they had really cool employees there that were always chill. But now, they've taken some of those employees that haven't been selling, and replaced them with other employees that actually have been making money, but unlike the others they actually make you pay sticker price.
<--- Satch?
This is why you go to mom n' pop guitar stores - people who know what their talking about and real customer service.
Hi, I'm Peter
Music123.com is also owned by the same company.
Which I always thought was weird, because they would often have better prices etc on certain things.

At least ZZounds is still a good company.

* Number of Names or Emails We've Sold or Given to Third Parties:
* Seconds You'll Spend in an Auto-Attendant When You Call:
* Seconds You'll Spend Talking to Someone Who Doesn't Know or Doesn't Care:
* Commission Rate for the Expert Musicians Who Will Answer Your Call:
0%
* Percentage of Website Visitors Who Report Having Ever Seen a Lower Price:
0.3%
* Percentage of Valid Orders That Ship Immediately:
99.85%
* Ratio of zZounds Inventory to a Typical Local Store:
More than 50 to 1
* Number of Unedited, Unbiased User Product Ratings:
* Number of Happy Customers:
600,000+
* Money We Lose On Shipping:
A Lot

That shipping one is true too.
Try and get another places to ship your 4x12 for free.
I guess theres nothing to look forward to but local music stores. Not that its bad helping out your community and local guitar stores. Who knows, maybe if enough of us buy from local music stores, huge franchises will start losing money.
<--- Satch?
Quote by SupremeACL
Local Stores FTW! I'm going to start using Daddy's Junky Music.

good place, that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
good place, that.

We have a Daddy's around here. They're good for middle-of-the-road merchandise, but don't carry many American-made instruments. At least ours doesn't.
Hi, I'm Peter
I've noticed Guitar Center going downhill alot recently, it sucks because I either go there or Sam Ash (no mom n pop's here unfortunately)...and Sam Ash has nothing when it comes down to selection. Employees are rude, don't care, and extremely sarcastic. Prices can no longer be haggles, and have even gone up on certain items (strings come to mind). You are looked at as if you are the anti christ if you try out a guitar/amp and don't buy it...It's just not a good experience anymore.
I don't really like shopping at local stores, because half the time the guitar has already been played for a year by people coming in and testing it.
Quote by Dirk Gently
This is why you go to mom n' pop guitar stores - people who know what their talking about and real customer service.
I just got a mom and pop type store in my town. The owners are very nice, plus if they don't have exactly what you want, they'll order it for you at no extra cost.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Dirk Gently

Unless they don't carry certain brands/products

Unfortunately, nowhere around me except Guitar Center has Jazz III picks.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.