Ok guys, something that I've noticed recently, is that when I play, I get a HELLUVA click every time the pick passes the strings.

It got suggested to me that the clicks were from my balancers being too skewed towards treble - I usually keep my treble eq pretty high, so I dropped it for a while, to see if the problem was due to too much treble picking up the snap/click of the strings when picked. Nope. Didn't work, even with the treble off and my mids low...I even get it when the only eq even -on- is bass.

It's especially noticeable when I play fast, and for someone who plays a lot of shred, the ensuing CLICKCLICKCLICK etc is really, really starting to get to me.

Any thoughts on causes/cures for my issue?

Cheers.

-Matt
Try the neck pickup and use your tone pot to roll off some of the treble. Also, what kind of pickups and picks are you using?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
too much gain?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
DrNick - I'm using SD designed pups in a Jackson DK2S, one bridge hum - TB4, and middle is STK-1 single coil. The neck pup is a sustainiac (holds sustain when activated, when it's off, sounds like a humbucker, i reckon.) I've used various picks, thick to thin, cellulose, plastic, metal. All have the same problem. I just tried, and rolling the tone does help me out slightly, but not that much. Also, the neck pickup doesn't help that much.

shredhead22 - nah...Even on like, my acoustic amp setting (I use a cube 60 btw), with gain all the way down, it's still there.

edits - therealtater, my watch has been broken for about a year ^__^

MrTin, I hate it
Last edited by Mazzakazza at Apr 8, 2008,
try playing the guitar thru a different amp, and vice versa.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
change the angle that you hold the pick at. see if that makes a difference.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
change the angle that you hold the pick at. see if that makes a difference.

This. If you're holding the pick parallel to the strings, you'll get a click. Gilbert describes pick angle in this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpJNUGHxC3M
sound clip?!?

i'm curious to see whats going on.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.