Page 1 of 18
Im a pretty level headed guy. But I was at a local guitar shop yesterday and this kid came out from his lesson. I was sitting there just playing a Tele and feeling it out. The kid comes sits next to me gives me this cocky smile plugs into a roland cube 30 watt and starts playing. Then he goes on to eruption. I look at him, and he gives me this "Yeah im better than you look" Normally that doesnt bother me but this kid somehow pissed me off. So I played Glasgow Kiss into and then did it tapping then started sweeping like crazy. I never felt so infuriated by some kid. I finished it with my own work then I just told him to sit down as I unplugged. I think the best part was the manager of the store just laughed so loud when I told the kid to sit down. Like I said that stuff generally doesnt get to me but this kid did. Anyone else level headed but once someone got to you?
I try not to let people get to me, cause I end up embarrassing myself.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
You got pissed off because he played Eruption?
I play Eruption when I'm trying guitars and amps because its harder to tap on some guitars and amps than on others, plus its fun to play. I play whatever riffs I'm going to be using the guitar to play, or any riffs that use techniques I plan on using later. It wouldn't be very good if I went in and did some jazz improv on a guitar I was going to be using for metal and shredding now would it?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Last edited by Ichimaru at Apr 8, 2008,
i usally dont mind them...here the play with speed but i play with emotion..big diffrence
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
Yer this prick at my school, his like a grade one trumpet player (his been learning for 8 years) and he claims his better musican than me, im a grade 7 guitar player, and has won havering under sixteen strings player of the year...and all he can play is flinstones....sad sad boy...
Yea..I know what you mean. People with big ego's annoy me.

This one time I was just checking out some guitars and someone was playing some Metallica (I forget what song.) Anyways he dialed in the amp almost perfectly. It sounded just like the reocrd. I complimented his tone... he then looks at me and gives me attitude along the lines of "No ****, I know its good"

Just take the compliment.... whats so hard about that.

for some reason that bothered me
i take my hat off to you!

god i hate those kids even though im only 15 and probably have done something like the kid in the store before i can still relate.

good man yourself!
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Yeah, I was in a shop once just testing a hamer explorer. it was ok. all of a sudden this kid runs in with his pig ugly girl friend. He just took a jack picked up a guitar and plugged it in without asking (which really grinds my gears even if its not my shop) and starts to play. He gave me that "watch this, i'm god" look and proceeded to play...Papa Roach...last resort....which was bad enough but he couldnt even play it properly. He raped my ears. So i was mad because he had turned on an amp louder than mine even though I was already playing before him so i Grabbed the guitar and squeezed a couple of metallica solos and then finished off with some random tapping. I told him to go home. He did folowed by his excuse for a girlfriend...
BROCCOLIS
I ated them all.
Quote by Ichimaru
You got pissed off because he played Eruption?

I guess reading isnt your strong suit.
I hate kids who find the biggest marshall in guitar center, plug ni the most expensive gibson les paul, , crank it s you can't hear yourself think and play; sweet child oh mine, stairway to heaven,eruption, crazy train, or highway to hell.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
A kid thats in the jazz band at my school cuz I didnt go out for it always trys to say how great he is at guitar. So when he finally performs for the school he does his easy little jazz chords and I approached him after the show. I told him he did well even though his parts were real easy, cuz I'm a dick at times. He then went off on how he can play Cliffs of Dover. So of course I said prove it and he said he can only do it with his own amplifier. So I took his guitar, played the opening shred stuff. Then I told him to sit down. Just like the TS.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Man, I don't know where you people dig up morons from. Certainly not my neighbourhood. Nobody has ever tried to compete or outplay me, though a couple have offered to jam, and we've done so, and had a laugh. Few weeks ago, this group of huge goths came over to the corner where I was sitting. I was about to get up and leave, 'cuz they were freaking me out, watching me, but then they were like, 'No, keep playing, you're really good!'. That was really nice...

If only the store attendants were as friendly as the customers in the shop. Heh.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Man, I don't know where you people dig up morons from. Certainly not my neighbourhood. Nobody has ever tried to compete or outplay me, though a couple have offered to jam, and we've done so, and had a laugh. Few weeks ago, this group of huge goths came over to the corner where I was sitting. I was about to get up and leave, 'cuz they were freaking me out, watching me, but then they were like, 'No, keep playing, you're really good!'. That was really nice...

If only the store attendants were as friendly as the customers in the shop. Heh.

It doesnt happen to me ALL the time. Just when it does it sticks to your mind more than the positives about the store.
I know man, im only 16, but still i have enough comon sense to respect others as they play and even to the innocent bystanders who have to put up with that ****... Kids now days seriously suck man.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
I hate when obnoxious people don't use the search bar and realize this thread has been done five times already, and I'm tired of reading it.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
A kid thats in the jazz band at my school cuz I didnt go out for it always trys to say how great he is at guitar. So when he finally performs for the school he does his easy little jazz chords and I approached him after the show. I told him he did well even though his parts were real easy, cuz I'm a dick at times. He then went off on how he can play Cliffs of Dover. So of course I said prove it and he said he can only do it with his own amplifier. So I took his guitar, played the opening shred stuff. Then I told him to sit down. Just like the TS.

I hate kids who say **** like that "oh i can't play it now i'm wearing the wrong shoes" lol but i don't know if you play jazz, but it can actually be pretty tough at times, like i said i dont know what he was playin, and i don't know if you were generalizing jazz or not
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
OMG. i know. i was just looking around at some acoutics when i hear the butt-ugliest attempt at smoke on the water from the amp room. i go in, i look at kid, gives me one of those looks and continues playing smoke, so i grab a semi and start playing some alexisonfire, which shut him up for a while
Quote by -Collapse-
I hate when obnoxious people don't use the search bar and realize this thread has been done five times already, and I'm tired of reading it.

lol you're funny. Heres my care cup \_/ its full
I loved it in my guitar lesson when somethign like that would happen, a dick who I really ****ing hate from my school was opposite the room from me and he always used to give me a look and play some dodgy metal core or a emo-metal song (think trivium, BFMV, Avenged sevonfold).

He didn't know that I'm into Satch, Vai and Gilbert

But also in stores I've had a few run ins where they think they'll all that on the BC Rich Bronze warlock.
Then I pick up a nice quilt top Hamer with some nice binding (a nice player too ) and shred him out.

By "Shred him out" I refer to the commonly known genre of "shred" including buckethead, Vai, Satch, etc, so I don't mean I just wanked for a bit.

Also the cocky bitch of a drummer I have always takes my guitar off me when we're in between songs after I've played somethign (to myself, not for anyone else) that would be crowd pleasing (tapping, sweeping, trem stuff, a song) and she tries to do something equally as "impressive" even though, I don't do it to impress, I do it well, she's a tool.
Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day. A week later it was greenday.
If she does anythign like that again I'm going to snap her drumsticks, kick her bass drum in and frisbee her cymbals.
^ Do it Brother Ninja!
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I suggest you select the least popular of the woman-creatures, and fart directly in her face.
I shall Mr End!

It's the schools drumkit (her mum won't buy her a drumkit, which shows how much of a bad parent she is after buying her a £300 Ibanez, £150 Marshall MG and a new set of clothes every week ) so I don't think it'd be wise, but I'm not far.

I've broke the hi-hat pedal before cos she pissed me off.
I haven't had any thing like that happen, but in the music shop where i live the guys that run the store are complete d***'s if your not as knowledgeable about the instrument as they are, that just makes you really not want to go in the store anymore
yeah i went down to the GC in atlanta with my 2 cousins they was soo many people in there playing different songs that you couldn't here yourself think! some of the guitarist were good but some of them sucked major monkey balls! i never did have run into a guy trying to out play me bad if he did i'm not very good at solos but i'm really fast at rythem soo i'd probably kick on some distrubed rythem for him
Actually I've had the reverse happen (I'm 19). One day I'm at GC just demoing the new hot-rod teles and these old guys were just giving me looks to move along and let them use the amp (which was nothing more than a Fender Modeling amp of all things).

I mean I know to respect my elders and all especially since I know they have loads of experience over my meager 6 years of playing, but I feel I have just as much of a right as a fellow guitarist to play there too. So I just continued getting my feel of the tele and playing a bit of watered down Jonny Greenwood styled riffs and just left after a few minutes. But still I feel it's not always kids who can be obnoxious.
I was at my local GC and this kid was sittin there with a Gibson SG playing some AC/DC riff and at first I was like whatever, and then I hear the dad who was with him say he was only playing for two weeks and he was buying him a Gibson SG already??? I didnt say anything, but it was just annoying to me...
"You've got to trust your instinct
And let go of regret
You've got to bet on yourself now star
'Cause that's your best bet" - 311
Quote by -Collapse-

then quit whining and GTFO of the thread
Dude yesterday I was coming out of my guitar lesson, and so I see this noob playing on some cheap azz tele (LOL).... I knew he sucked because all the sucky guitar players play fenders for some reason. So I gave him a little smirk because he's about to see how a real man shreds a giddle fiddle. I grab my axe and plug into a Cube 30, because you know I'm about to shred **** up. I start playing Eruption, only at double speed, and then I start tapping followed by reverse tapping... I was tapping so hard, I cracked the fretboard a little bit (but I get a new guitar every week because that always happens when your a master shredder like myself).

So that same noob thinks he's going to upstage me, steal some of my thunda. He starts playing a really really really sloppy version of Glasgow Kiss. It was filled with so many mis-fretted notes it was insane; I question whether or not this tele-noob had ever even held a guitar before. Then he starts trying to copy my tapping technique, and basically all you could hear was the faintest notes in the background. This noob cant even tap!!! LOL thats like busch league stuff...lol. He topped it off with some random notes that was basically "mary had a little lamb".

Just then he tells me to sit down, because he's going to bother me about giving him lessons but my guitar teacher walked by and started laughing at his ass.... LOL
Quote by Yougeee!!!!
Dude yesterday I was coming out of my guitar lesson, and so I see this noob playing on some cheap azz tele (LOL).... I knew he sucked because all the sucky guitar players play fenders for some reason. So I gave him a little smirk because he's about to see how a real man shreds a giddle fiddle. I grab my axe and plug into a Cube 30, because you know I'm about to shred **** up. I start playing Eruption, only at double speed, and then I start tapping followed by reverse tapping... I was tapping so hard, I cracked the fretboard a little bit (but I get a new guitar every week because that always happens when your a master shredder like myself).

So that same noob thinks he's going to upstage me, steal some of my thunda. He starts playing a really really really sloppy version of Glasgow Kiss. It was filled with so many mis-fretted notes it was insane; I question whether or not this tele-noob had ever even held a guitar before. Then he starts trying to copy my tapping technique, and basically all you could hear was the faintest notes in the background. This noob cant even tap!!! LOL thats like busch league stuff...lol. He topped it off with some random notes that was basically "mary had a little lamb".

Just then he tells me to sit down, because he's going to bother me about giving him lessons but my guitar teacher walked by and started laughing at his ass.... LOL

Isee what you did there :p 6/10 You could have done better!
Quote by RichieKotzen
Isee what you did there :p 6/10 You could have done better!

Yea I know, I got sloppy . Oh well LOL
Quote by Yougeee!!!!

legend ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^legend^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[lUlLaBiEs tO pAraLyZE]
Quote by RichieKotzen
lol you're funny. Heres my care cup \_/ its full

Quote by Yougeee!!!!
LOL pwnt.

Yes, "pwnt" by a generic internet forum line that's unoriginal, over used, and wasn't funny the first time...

Quote by Chordzzz
then quit whining and GTFO of the thread

Yes, no whining in this thread, lets get back to whining about Guitar Center...
lol..if im ever in a shred mood at GC and some kids sits down next to me to show off his uber metal goodness, i'll just switch to a clean/delay and start messing around with U2 type licks. they usually get bored and leave me alone...so i guess that'd make me UG's GC pacifist
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Omg i hate it when some 12 year old kid comes into the store, picks up a guitar, puts it in drop D, plays 3 powerchords, and then just moves on to the next one.

F***.
Quote by Platinum Pro
that made me LOL hahahaha

Not me, I got so angry.
At least when she attempts to play FoB on drums I can drown it out with either whitenoise from cranking and just playing all strings open but on MY guitar!?
Quote by -Collapse-
Yes, "pwnt" by a generic internet forum line that's unoriginal, over used, and wasn't funny the first time...

That's so funny because that reminded of your original post!!! LOL

"I hate when obnoxious people don't use the search bar and realize this thread has been done five times already, and I'm tired of reading it."

Wow, everyone gather 'round; what we have is a truly original post right there! I've never read that on the Ultimate Guitar forums before!!!

But seriously its a forum on the internets... I'm just kidding with you man.
Last edited by Yougeee!!!! at Apr 8, 2008,
Sounds like the kind of situation that would bug me too, bravo for putting the kid in his place.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.