Hi, I am truely a beginner that would love to learn guitar. I have selected 3 guitars, and would like to know your opinion about them. Im a beginner looking to learn, so nothing too expensive... Thanks!

P.s. any other suggestions are welcome

Epiphone G-310 SG

&&

Epiphone Les Paul Special II

&&

Yamaha PAC112J Electric Guitar
i'd take a closer look at the Epi SG...
anyway you should play 'em at a musicstore before you buy the one of your choice
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
The epiphone les paul special II is an ok beginer guitar, it looks very cool and plays ok for the price. I was actually shopping for an electric last week, and played the special II and and then played the next step up from the specail II ($269) and there was a huge difference. You only have 1 toner and 1 volume control on the splecial 2, as compared to the next step up Epiphone les paul, you have 2 volume and 2 toner which let you tweek the sound a little better. If you are looking for a more blues jazzy sound, i would recomend a semi-hollow body, which Ibanez makes a sick beginer hollow body for around $300. Good luck!
I would recommend the SG or the Yamaha.

Thin neck which is really good for a beginner

But as always go try them out at your music store.
Do NOT get an epiphone sg g310, the pickups and pots are terrible, plus it weighs a ton when a sg is supposed to be light. I would checkout the yamaha people say they are a great starter and worth the price. I'm not a strat fan and never found a lefty one to try out.
Epi SG G400 Lefty
Modded Valve Junior
Noisy Cricket 1/2 Watt

Toneport GX
Definitely not an Epiphone lower than the G-400 vintage or the Les Paul Studio. therefore, don't get the epiphone Special or G-310.
I'd go for the yamaha, personally. But, you should also look into an SX series guitar, or an Agile. you can find them here:www.rondomusic.com
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Depends what you want to play, oh and for reference I'd avoid the Epi LP special II and go for the 100 or the standard if you want a LP or, my first guitar, an Aria PE Elite (its the ultimate beginners guitar IMO)