on a tab what does it mean when there is a (BU)<<< what does that mean? oh and also what is a 'Bend' and how do i do it? thankz in advance
My Youtube Channel

ESP LTD KH202 Kirk Hammett Signature ROCKS! n im gettin it, which ROCKS EVEN MORE!

Quote by MightyAl
I'm going to say mine would be one with a build-in Fleshlight, so I can f*ck my guitar and play it at the same time.
its bend up and u bend the string with ur fingers
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Not sure about the BU thing but a bend is when you push or pull the string upwards or downwards while holding a fret. So that the tone changes.
if u have 7BU9 i would say it means ur gonna hold on the 7th fret, n bend it so it reaches the same note as 9! (i suck at explaining) AkA bending to 9 :P
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
A bend would be when you pull or push the string up or down on it's fret, changing the pitch.
BU means to bend upwards.
Don't be "sorry for noobness" :P Everyone else had to learn at some point, too. It's what everyone else said - you fret whichever note you want, and then you literally bend the string by pulling or pushing. I generally pull e B G, and push E A D. You can bend to different lengths, like 1/4 or 1/2. I'm sure there's a lesson video somewhere on UG, there's lots of nifty stuff here.
Gorilla Fingers wrote:

wheres the tab for the cow part?

Kristofer Dahl wrote:

e|-----|
b|-----|
g|-----|
d|-----|
a|- ----|
e|-M-0-0-0-0-0-0-|

Enjoy!
Yeah im pretty sure BU means bend up. To do a bend its pretty straight forward. Just play the note and push the string either towards or away from yourself. If ur doing it right you should notice the pitch of the note has changed
start by bending, when u get the hang of it, add vibrato FTW!
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...