Page 1 of 3
I just saw his interview with charlton heston. Im a little behind the times I know. What a douche. He was disrespectful to a true american legend. I can't believe that scene wasnt cut, or why he even went and did that. What could he have hoped to achieve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iuEcu7O50

It was a publicity op, he didnt go in there to discuss anything, he just wanted to make the old man look bad. And then the "apologise" bit. Lucky Heston has a good temper on him, I would have kicked him straight out of my home.

Moore goes round saying the American media companies try to repress his work, but I can see why most companies would want nothing to do with him

what do you guys think of moore ? ive read three of his books, and though he gets the odd funny line, I cant take him seriously
It made sense in the context of Bowling for Columbine. Also, someone's death tends to put that person in ridiculously respected contexts...look at Jerry Falwell. Still, Heston was remarkably reserved.
I think he is pricipally right, but he gets so caught up in trying to prove he is right he is willing do use methods which I don't fully agree with.
youre talking about bowling for columbine, yes?

he went to talk to heston because heston did a gun rally in his hometown like the day after a third grader shot another third grader there. sounds like they cut something out to make him look bad and make heston look good.

and hes a douche.
I have no opinion on this matter.
looks to me like charleton heston was talking about how gun control had nothing to do with violence, but had nothing to back that up on, and michael moore called him out on it. I wouldn't call charleton heston an american legend.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Just because the guy's an actor doesn't mean he should never be challenged on anything. That's a silly outlook.
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Also, someone's death tends to put that person in ridiculously respected contexts...look at Jerry Falwell

coughcoughDimebagDarrellcoughcough
Hi, I'm Peter
Actually that interviews is ace, like Micheal Moore. Heston was a hollywood legend, but his later life is less than reputable...

Frankly, I didn't agree with a lot of his thoughts,and sometimes thoughtr him rather assenine.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Michael Moore's a faggot. He's nothing mor then a disgusting slug of a human being. I hope he dies horribly.
Gear:
Dean MS STD V w/ Dimebucker
Dean ML '79
Jackson DKMGT
Randall RG75
Peavey Bandit 112
Boss NS-2
Quote by denizenz
One day Moore will be found dead in his own vomit, and I'll figure that it serves him right because the American public has been choking on it for years now.

what a wonderful sentiment
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Just because something is legendary or a big part of our culture doesn't mean we shouldn't challange it. I agree, though, even within the context of that documentary (which I really enjoy) Moore is pretty tactless and sensational when he talks with Heston.
charlton heston's a legend for his work in the civil rights movement, where he went round picketing whites only stores, went on marches with dr king even if it was dangerous to himself. an "the ten commandements" totally kicked ass
Quote by Carswell98
what a wonderful sentiment

Never try to discuss politics with an American.

Trust me on this one.
I've seen this before, but now that I think about it, I think it was nice untill, UNTILL he showed the girl. That's not a proper way to do it man. I even feel like it's disrespectful to the girl.

Sure, he likes guns, has them loaded, he even tells him why. And now, if he wouldn't come to these places after the shootings, would he not more or less show, that allowances of guns are causing the crime? Then what about Canada?

I may have reacted different than Charlton, but atleast he answered. I wasn't thinking at one point "OMG this is totally bull****", sure he said stuff about bloody history and stuff, but is it him, or Michael who's supposed to find out that?
It was a guess, yes it was wrong, but I never thought he was a dick for saying it

I do like the movie though
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
Quote by Renka
Never try to discuss politics with an American.

Trust me on this one.

because you'll always loose.
Quote by frottage
because you'll always loose.

I can't reply to this because then we would have a political argument and I can't do that with you people.
I thought his bowling for columbine was kinda dumb but his Sicko documentary was actually pretty good.

I like Charleston Heston. I'm also a firm believer in the right to bear arms but please...we need to regulate some of it. We don't need people to drive around in tanks.

EDIT: My favorite quote "From my cold dead hands".
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
I thought it was a fine interview, but when he asked him to apologise for doing the rallies and got out the photograph of the girl I thought it was stupid.

It seemed like a dumb thing to do to practically blame him for those school shootings, but I guess to make your point you usually have to do drastic things.

I'm a lefty, so I kind of agree with some of the things Michael Moore says, but he is an ass sometimes.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Although I don't always agree with Moore, I do concede that he is a talented and persuasive filmmaker.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
I like how he was portrayed in Team America. The dude comes off as full of shit. I dont see how anyone can take him seriously.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by denizenz
One day Moore will be found dead in his own vomit, and I'll figure that it serves him right because the American public has been choking on it for years now.

Well said.
Michael Moore's a fool and not worthy of an ounce of respect
My God, it's full of stars!
Michael Moore knows what he's talking about and has (mostly) good views, but the man himself is absolutely reprehensible and not worth my respect.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
They're both ****s...

the heston was alright with the civil rights movement
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
His books and films are way subjective. He puts his own spin on things to make money just like the organisations he criticises. It's a shame that alternative politics has been invaded by his sensationalism.

Edit: Don't like guns but that part of the docu was painful to watch
Last edited by rigiddigits at Apr 8, 2008,
That said, i've seen bowling for columbine and Heston does come across as a total ****.
Charlton Heston pwned.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ohh, an actor and President of the NRA.

If that makes him a legend in your country, your bar is pretty low.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Ohh, an actor and President of the NRA.

If that makes him a legend in your country, your bar is pretty low.

+1

The only thing I'd congratulate Heston for (aside from his marvelous stint of ****ty acting) is the fact that he wasn't deeply opposed to the civil rights movement...

so, yeah...
Wow...this thread turned into the "I hate America" thread.
Fender Strat
Genz.Benz Black Pearl 1x12
Micheal moore ftw, SUCK IT AMERICAN BITCHES

serously though, he can be a dick, but he has some very good points and has fantastic evidence to back up what he is saying

(I wasn'y being serious to all the americans...)
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Michael Moore knows what he's talking about and has (mostly) good views, but the man himself is absolutely reprehensible and not worth my respect.

This.
Moore is known for cutting interviews or clips to make his point..he will take an interview and make it look completely different than what originally was said.
Quote by floppypick
Micheal moore ftw, SUCK IT AMERICAN BITCHES

serously though, he can be a dick, but he has some very good points and has fantastic evidence to back up what he is saying

(I wasn'y being serious to all the americans...)

fantastic evidence ? i was reading through the back of one of his books were he lists his sources, and the books are just rehashed infomation from newspapers, which he's spun whatever way he wants to
yeah, now that i think about it...the way he went about it wasn't right...espically targeting Heston, although he may have been the president of the NRA, he cant be hold responsible for the ridiculous things people do with guns. Also leaving the girls picture, like he was responsible was a pure scum act on Moore's part.

but ultimately speaking, i agree with Moore...just not exactly how he goes about it.
Page 1 of 3