Ok, so I got a dunlop crybaby 105Q(the bass one) a while back.

Everything had been fine with it so far, and I was very careful not to do anything wreckless with it so it would last a long time. But recently it's been acting up. Theres a spot in it, towards the middle range where rather than sending out a clean sound like it should it gives a very distorted, fuzzy, and undesirable sound.

Any idea's as to what might be wrong with it and how to fix it?

Also a side note, when I first noticed this problem I looked at the booklets that came with the package and saw a little note attached to the warranty information that said "Warranty becomes effective only when Dunlop Manufacturing recieves this card within fourteen (14) days of original purchase...." it's been about two months, so am I sorta screwed if this is a major issue?
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
they are supposed to do that... its like just above the middle... lol
Quote by uvq
they are supposed to do that... its like just above the middle... lol

are you sure, it really sounds undesirable and unpleasant, but if it's supposed to be there then I guess I just never noticed before.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Sounds like the pot is going. That's the downside with Crybaby pedals, after a while the pot goes and gets really scratchy. They are easy to replace, most music stores carry them. I've seen them from $40-75
Quote by scawti
Sounds like the pot is going. That's the downside with Crybaby pedals, after a while the pot goes and gets really scratchy. They are easy to replace, most music stores carry them. I've seen them from $40-75

if that is the issue, does this typically happen in only two months?
The 105Q doesn't have a pot like traditional crybabies. To me this sounds like your output volume is too high or you're running low on batteries.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well, do you have it hooked up with any other pedals? I don't have one for my bass, but with my electric guitar if I have it set up from guitar to distortion to wah to amp, then it sounds okay, but when I switch the distortion and the wah, it makes the sound you are referring to around the middle range...So if you are using other pedals, this could possibly be your problem? IDK, that's just how it works on my guitar.....Good luck figuring it out though....
8th member of Right-handed guitarists who are actually Left-handed group.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Although when it comes to quality Metallica take a big steaming turd on the Spice Girls faces (and you know the ginger one is loving it)...
Quote by fattymcfatten
well, do you have it hooked up with any other pedals? I don't have one for my bass, but with my electric guitar if I have it set up from guitar to distortion to wah to amp, then it sounds okay, but when I switch the distortion and the wah, it makes the sound you are referring to around the middle range...So if you are using other pedals, this could possibly be your problem? IDK, that's just how it works on my guitar.....Good luck figuring it out though....

I do have other pedals, but this occurs even when I am not using them, so I dont think thats my problem, thanks for the input though

Quote by thefitz
The 105Q doesn't have a pot like traditional crybabies. To me this sounds like your output volume is too high or you're running low on batteries.

I'll try messin around with a new battery or sumthin.

As for the volume, does it make a difference if (I'll just use a 1-10 scale for the example) the amp is on 5 and the pedal is on 10 in comparison to say the amp on 7 and the pedal on 7. It may sound the same volume output-wise, but are there differences?
The differences are so great I'm not going to go into detail. Pedal volume and amp volume have nothing to do with eachother. Your battery's probably low and with the volume cranked it's beginning to distort the preamp.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
The differences are so great I'm not going to go into detail. Pedal volume and amp volume have nothing to do with eachother. Your battery's probably low and with the volume cranked it's beginning to distort the preamp.

I sorta changed some settings around and it sounds way better. Thanks for you help