i'm looking for a pretty versatile amp that can handle a huge range of rock from bands like foo fighters all the way down to more metal sounding stuff that's not exactly metal like atreyu, godsmack, breaking benjamin so on and so forth. i love a ton of different styles but i like i guess what you would call traditional or modern rock the most. i have a deluxe strat with noiseless single coils if that makes a difference.

i'm trying to keep it under a grand for the gear whether it's a combo or a amp/cab setup. i don't know much about tube amps as i've only played solid state thus far but i hear they are the best. i can always buy pedals so i don't need a modeling amp or anything like that unless it is good.

i plan on going to guitar center or other music shops to actually play stuff before i buy anything and find something i like, i just need a good place to start.

any help is very much appreciated.
me fail english? that's unpossible!
I say get a Peavy Valveking. Im getting one pretty soon, and even tho i havent played around with it too much, it has enuff gain to get you a good post-hardcore/metalcore/hard rock sound. And if you need more volume, you could always get a good OD pedal.
I always found the marshall valve amps are best but i dont have one anymore
valve king i just got mine its a really versatile amp and can nail all those tones and can be pushed into the metal zone with a nice od
My Gear :
Epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) Peavey Valve king half stack
Ehx Big muff Pi Gibson sg special faded
Ehx Metal Muff Dunlop crybaby 535q
Digitech Bad Monkey
i have a roland cube is an incredibly versatile amp due to teh various amp models, including fairly clean fender amps, a classic vox, marshall aswell as a heavier peavey and a rectifier, but its a solid state so may not be what your looking for,
my mate has just bought a peavey valve king and it seems pretty versatile you can get a good range of different sounds out of it and it has a good tone overall.
i personally like the ac30 more than the amps listed above, most in the 500 range. This is the full thousand but its a great amp.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
*cough* *looks at sig*

*cough cough*

it can handle all of those wihtout much help
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Check out the Madison Divinity 2. I got one a while back and play in a cover band that does songs by all the bands you named. Its a 2 channel with a tube boost on the clean channel and 2 seperate gains on the dirty channel. Its like having a 4 channel amp that you can control with the footswitch that comes with it. I got it new in the box for $699. I picked up a used blue voodoo cab for $175 that switches to 4,8,or16 ohms. The first show I played with this rig I had a few people come up and check it out because they liked the sound. We also play Pantera,Metallica,rage,even Nickelback. Its pretty versatile. Good luck.
Quote by symanoy
i have a roland cube is an incredibly versatile amp due to teh various amp models, including fairly clean fender amps, a classic vox, marshall aswell as a heavier peavey and a rectifier, but its a solid state so may not be what your looking for,

hope it is a joke

don´t get a valveking...with your budget you can get much better amps, like a marshall jcm 800/900/2000 combo! (check that guy´s sig!)
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
I'm generally not a Marshall fan, but dude's JCM900 (three posts up) might be your best bet.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM