i'm looking for a nice fuzz pedal to get a real dirty fuzz like some old school placebo stuff like nancy boy or muse like stockholm syndrome. I know matt bellamy uses a fuzz factory but sadly i really cant afford one of those, something more around the £50 to £60 mark is more in my budget, i've heard good things about big muffs are these decent fuzz pedals,
any suggestions??
many thanks
simon
I would get a Big Muff or maybe a Dunlop Fuzz Face if you save up some more.
The USA Big Muff. It's a bit of a tweaker, but it can do anything you want it to when it comes to fuzz.
big muff looks pretty decent, is there much difference between usa muff russian muff little big muff and double muff?? all seem fairly similar price also know anywhere i can get sound clips of a muff?
would love a fuzz factory but sadly its welll over my budget overwise it would be my first choice
Quote by symanoy
would love a fuzz factory but sadly its welll over my budget overwise it would be my first choice

Seriously, that's one the best fuzz pedals money can buy. It can emulate ANY fuzz tone out there. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, ZVex makes a version of it that isn't hand painted, so that cuts down the cost by a lot.

Or, I can hook you up with a dude who makes germanium transistor fuzz's for about $80.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Quote by diditfortehlulz
Seriously, that's one the best fuzz pedals money can buy. It can emulate ANY fuzz tone out there. Besides, if I'm not mistaken, ZVex makes a version of it that isn't hand painted, so that cuts down the cost by a lot.

Or, I can hook you up with a dude who makes germanium transistor fuzz's for about $80.

The non painted version is made overseas from what I've read.
Im assuming from your currency that you're in the UK
If you can stretch your budget to this:
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_detail.asp?stock=08022513431319&guitars=45
It would be worth it
Note they come up used for about £60 as well sometimes
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by CJRocker
The non painted version is made overseas from what I've read.

Oh, I thought those were still made by Zach. I think you're right though - they are made in Taiwan.

Even so, I'm pretty sure that the Vexter's are pretty tightly regulated by Zach. That guy is dead serious about making quality effects, and it shows.

In any case, here's a link, TS;

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/VFF.htm
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I think a Muff and a Tubescreamer to boost it might do you good.

-1 to whoever said the Dunlop Face, it's too expensive, and it's germanium. Germaniums wont cut it for what you're looking for, and you can get a better germanium fuzz for the price.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by symanoy
big muff looks pretty decent, is there much difference between usa muff russian muff little big muff and double muff?? all seem fairly similar price also know anywhere i can get sound clips of a muff?
Big difference between a Russian Muff and a Double Muff. The Double Muff isn't near the Fuzz as the Russian. And it can do more classic rock crunch than the Russian. My issue with the Double Muff is the lack of a volume control. If you boost the gain on it it's gets too loud relative to bypass, and there is no volume to turn down.

Here's a Russian Muff....

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=5434895&q=hi