Page 1 of 2
Finally finished the RG and SG today.

The RG's went tonight and the SG's being delivered tomorrow.

Heres some pics-

no full pic of the sg ?

they look amazing though, i love your builds.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Purdy.

Love the pickups.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I like the neck joint on the RG. Looks very smooth and easy to play. I wish someone at a guitar company could figure out how to do a bolt-on or even a regular, non-neck thru heel like that.
Quote by qotsa1998
I wish someone at a guitar company could figure out how to do a bolt-on or even a regular, non-neck thru heel like that.

I dont know why no one does, its dead easy
Very very nice, all 3!

Cant decide between the ash or mahogany RG though...

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Stewmac ships to the UK. Anywhere in Europe in fact, and pretty much worldwide. They even ship to Canada, lucky me! When I lived in France, I used to get my stuff from them (through DHL I think...) faster than now that I'm in Canada, about 5000km closer to them!
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
JS. I have a question about the string thru ferrules. is there a specific distance you use to make sure the strings don't hit the T-O-M bridge as the strings travel down to meet the body or do you recess your bridges slightly? I have a gotoh T-O-M and stewmac string thru ferrules and after a quick CAD layout the only way the string wont hit the bridge is to set the ferrule back like 4+ inches unless i rout the bridge into the body 1/4"... could you take some close up shots of the bridge/string/ferrule areas?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Actualy stew mac P&P really isnt bad considering how far it is, and your at least ensured some kind of quality in hard ware as opposed to any old crap you might get on ebay.

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
The P&P Isn't too bad; its the customs duty/VAT you get charged that rapes you lol. All of the stuff I've gotten from CHGuitars has held up well so far and seems to be fair quality. I can't really see how a ferrule could be lower quality (I guess different metals?) but I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue lol.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Looks great! Personally, I would have stained the SG a a couple of shades darker, but they all look amazing!
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by the_random_hero
Looks great! Personally, I would have stained the SG a a couple of shades darker, but they all look amazing!

The beauty of natural finishes like this is that, unless there is some UV protection in the clear coat, the wood itself will darken over time. Should look even better in a few years,
thanks for all the compliments!

Ill be starting a wolfgang to match the Ash RG and a Black machine type thing with exotic woods in the next few weeks
You can send me them for a test play if you wish?

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Just dropped the SG off, he's very happy. Infact, we've been discussing his next order!

I took some better photos before it went-

Man, that's one sexy as hell piece of mahogany, and it looks GORGEOUS unstained. I can't stand seeing Gibson Standards and Specials with hideously obvious joins in the wood blanks, or made with un-inspiring cuts of wood.

Just out of curiosity: how come you don't put a logo on the front of your headstocks?
How much do you charge for your stuff? If it's not outrageous I might consider buying from you in the future
edit: god dammit your in the UK
still though how much?
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
You need a logo for your guitars.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Where did you get that bridge thats on the SG? Looking for a black one.

Looks real nice!
yeah i thought that about the logo, ive seen the EVE one on one of your other guitars howcome its not on this one ?

is the strap pin acting as a neck bolt too ?
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by -MintSauce-
Man, that's one sexy as hell piece of mahogany, and it looks GORGEOUS unstained. I can't stand seeing Gibson Standards and Specials with hideously obvious joins in the wood blanks, or made with un-inspiring cuts of wood.

Just out of curiosity: how come you don't put a logo on the front of your headstocks?

Well if he put Gibson on the headstock, that might be copyright infringement or something like that.

TS, in relation to MintSauce's question, I would also like to know why you don't decorate the headstock. Perhaps you have your own logo you'd like to put on there? Not saying it doesn't already look BADASS. Kudos man, your models are great.
Wow - Those Rg's are amazing. I plan to buy a guitar with a tone pros type bridge and tail piece and the strip it to natural and make it a string-thru (anything i should be concerned of?)

Also, i was looking through your thread with the mahogany RG and saw that the wood wasnt that dark originally - howd you get it looking like that?
Gear:
ESP LTD EC1000
Douglas Spad (Alder) [ custom wired with EMG and Passives ] : Kramer Striker FR424SM
Line 6 POD X3Live : Digitech Rp80 : Tascam US144
Kustom Sound (crappy ass) solid state amp
Old Steel String Acoustic (some local company)
Quote by shredforbread33
How much do you charge for your stuff? If it's not outrageous I might consider buying from you in the future
edit: god dammit your in the UK
still though how much?

Start at about £700 for something basic
Quote by -MintSauce-

I havent got a logo I like yet, been designing a few but not quite there yet
Quote by Steel8909
Where did you get that bridge thats on the SG? Looking for a black one.

Looks real nice!

Ebay!
Quote by admbwr

is the strap pin acting as a neck bolt too ?

No, it has no effect on the neck stability.
Quote by Kramer1309
Wow - Those Rg's are amazing. I plan to buy a guitar with a tone pros type bridge and tail piece and the strip it to natural and make it a string-thru (anything i should be concerned of?)

Also, i was looking through your thread with the mahogany RG and saw that the wood wasnt that dark originally - howd you get it looking like that?

You'd have 2 nasty holes where the stop tails been but other than that, nothing you should worry about. Its quite do-able.

The Mahogany on the RG was pretty dark as it was, it just looked lighter in the other thread because it had just been sanded. Once I put the Danish oil on it, it did darken a bit but thats all ive done
God i wish you would make me a guitar, but i feel it might not be financially viable. I love your work! Love the neck join style!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Page 1 of 2