I'm gonna buy a 3 month old Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom for $450
(From trusty old Craigslist)

I played one at guitar center awhile back
It played like a dream
Had to be one of the guitars on my "Wishlist"
and to get it at this price is like.. woah.

But another guitar I always wanted is the Ibanez S520EX
Should I keep the Les Paul
or after a while trade it up for the S520?
Well you can always buy the Ibanez but a ZW Epi that cheap is pretty rare so I'd say go for it and worry about the Ibanez later.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Get the ZW LP!!! It's at least $250 off and it's probably better than the Ibanez
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I paid quite a bit more for my epiphone Zakk Wylde LP. They kill, I'd def. go ahead and get it at that good deal. It really is a great guitar.
Oh man, I want this guitar pretty bad.

Short on cash though. =[
Should I sell my Epiphone G-400 for $250 to get it?
I mean my G-400 is only 3 weeks old
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Oh man, I want this guitar pretty bad.

Short on cash though. =[
Should I sell my Epiphone G-400 for $250 to get it?
I mean my G-400 is only 3 weeks old
i dont think you should i would just put some emgs in the sg instead of gettin wylde signature
Ibanez fan here and I call S! First, it doesn't have active pickups. Second, light mahogany body. Third, ZR trem, a big plus. Fourth, Wiz II neck. It's versatile and features great hardware at good price.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
No more S series till later =[

But thisismyacc, that's a good idea actually.

Then I'll put those stock pickups on a les paul Special II to have a second guitar.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']No more S series till later =[

But thisismyacc, that's a good idea actually.

Then I'll put those stock pickups on a les paul Special II to have a second guitar.
dont get the special 2 lol i have one but i played over 50 of them to find a good one i recommend you to get an agile instead
Yes yes, But I'm on a budget.

But I would rather save up for something good.
Do you think the Agile AL-2500 is any good?
I hear you should keep it over the 3000's but I don't know if thats true.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Yes yes, But I'm on a budget.

But I would rather save up for something good.
Do you think the Agile AL-2500 is any good?
I hear you should keep it over the 3000's but I don't know if thats true.
you should keep it over 3000s if you want a really good guitar but 2500 makes the les paul special 2 look like **** lol
Haha, man.
It's gonna cost the same to put EMG's in my SG
as to buy the Les Paul

Although it has passive pickups.
But it probably will play clean better then Active
(Right or not?)

I'm still not sure.
But I'm leaning towards the Les Paul Custom
I know that thing sounds beautiful

Are actives alot better than passive?
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']Haha, man.
It's gonna cost the same to put EMG's in my SG
as to buy the Les Paul

Although it has passive pickups.
But it probably will play clean better then Active
(Right or not?)

I'm still not sure.
But I'm leaning towards the Les Paul Custom
I know that thing sounds beautiful

Are actives alot better than passive?

Higher output? yes, Better? Up to you to decide that.

Just buy the Epi. You can always save up for the S. You are going to be all set in the guitar section then you can save up for a better amp.
Urgh.

1) Don't use active pickups from any brand unless you have sufficiently good gear to match. I'm not talking about 'bedroom hero' or even just small gig-worthy gear here. I'm talking a guitar that will set you back a couple of thousand, top-grade cables, and an amp wall that will make your ears bleed just set to 1. Active pickups are tonally vapid themselves, so they rely even more on the quality of the rest of your gear than passive pickups do. So if any element of your current gear is sub-par, actives sound horrible. it's that simple, no two ways about it. The general rule of thumb is, if you don't yet have your own personal guitar tech, then you shouldn't be using actives.

2) Don't bother with the Zakk Wylde LP, ever. The passive EMGs - though better for low-end equipment than active EMGs - aren't anything to write home about, and other than that, you're just paying for the finish, which is the only other difference between the ZW LPs and the regular Customs. 99 times out of 100, you will be better off buying a regular Custom, and then putting in better pickups yourself. You'll end up with a tonally superior instrument, and you'll save money.

3) If you have a G-400 already, then you already have a guitar that is of the same build quality as an LP Standard, Custom, Goldtop or ZW model. Additionally, thanks to Epi's thicker finish that provides their guitars with a darker than usual tone, an Epi SG sounds closer to a 'real' LP than an Epi LP does - so if you want Zakk's tone from an Epiphone guitar, then one of their SGs will actually get you closer to it.

4) Amp makes up more of your tone than guitar anyway. The G-400 is a good guitar for the price; if you're not happy with your tone, spend that money on a new amp is likely to give you better results than any guitar changes. After that, a pickup change (do stick to passives), then finally maybe a pedal change (a lot of people aren't happy with their tone, often thanks to them using cheap, crappy pedals that just make everything into a wall of inaudible noise).
bokuho, thank you.
That was really in-depth

Nice, well I think I can buy the Epiphone without selling my SG now.
I don't know.
It's just the time I played that Les Paul custom at Guitar Center.
I just "fell in love" with the tone and sound.
Maybe I got a good one. But I thought it was really good.

I wouldn't let this deal pass up.
Because I don't think I'd pay $800 for it..

I don't really need a new amp either.
I have a Line 6 Spider II 112
and I'm gonna buy an Orange Crush 10 or 15 after this guitar