a beautiful palette of colours.
how one could be a bee,
mindless
buit with the most rewarding of fruits.
maybe i could travel out there,
but i hear whispers calling,
"godspeed"

///

needs some improvement, it's personal but i think it's easy to understand. c4c as usual.
Last edited by TV Party at Apr 9, 2008,
One question: Why the word "godspeed"?

I think the whole thing is cheapened by the use of the word lust. It seems like a very tender, loving poem without, but that word makes it solely about sex, at least in my mind.

Other than that, I can't really find much fault in it. It's slightly cliche in places, but it's difficult to write about love without being cliche, so I wouldn't blame you for that.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
this is about someone who is far away from me, it's a pretty lame use of the word but whatever.

what word would you recommend to replace 'lust'?
Well if it were me writing it, I'd do it as "I sigh, exhaling desire" or something equally... damn I've forgotten the word. But you see what I mean. Then again, that's not your writing style and so you might not want to change it so drastically.

If you want a specific verb, I would maybe use "pine"?
Actually, I can't think of anything that quite fits. Hmm...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
to replace lust, i'd use something that rhymes with sigh. so cry, or lie, i dunno. "i sigh, i cry" sounds kinda cliche to me, but it works.
i liked this piece. and i think the last time i heard the word "commiseration" used was in a shaggy song :P
i wish you would've used a different verb than "swimming" b/c the first thing that popped into my mind was a carnivore (you know?) then i saw what idea the piece was going for and that verb usage really bothered me more. i dunno...bees do some sort of dance to show were nectar is, maybe something w/ that idea.
other than that i enjoyed it. the ending puzzles me a bit though, "godspeed" contradicts with the word "but." i'll add in a link to one i'll post up in a bit.

if you don't mind critting this one please. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13743383#post13743383
Last edited by somewhat_here at Apr 11, 2008,