OK, so I just found out that the amp I use round my drummer's house for band practise is an MG80RCD.

I honestly don't mind it for band practise, it's not like my tone has to be perfect. However, I'm wondering (since I'm fairly sure that its hybrid) what speaker ohmage it has on it's cab out? I have a 16 Ohm Orange can that I'd like to take along one time (just to break the speakers in), but I don't want to blow his amp up. Could someone tell me the impedance of the amp please, and if it doesn't match, would it be safe to mismatch with a 16 Ohm cab?
you would not blow his amp up, you would blow you're speaker, or atleast damage it with an impedance mismatch.

GOOGLE FTW!!!

Impedance = 4 ohms
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by danyellenik
you would not blow his amp up, you would blow you're speaker, or atleast damage it with an impedance mismatch.

GOOGLE FTW!!!

Impedance = 4 ohms

I'm pretty sure it won't damage my speaker..surely the OT of the amp will blow up?
And I found a site that said it was 8 Ohms...would it be safe to mismatch UP considering (my drummer was wrong) that it's a solid state?

EDIT: lol, here's what our drummer had to say on the matter:
Quote by Joe Nash, Drummer

its 80 watts lee im sure the ohmage will be fine

i mean ur orange speaker is almost as big as mine

lol.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Apr 8, 2008,
no it will either blow the speaker or fry the transister but it would probly blow the speaker
because a ss transister can't realy fry can it?

I like how you title it (its not what you think) like you know your just about to be killed mg haters
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Dont think they are hybrids btw
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
no it will either blow the speaker or fry the transister but it would probly blow the speaker
because a ss transister can't realy fry can it?

I like how you title it (its not what you think) like you know your just about to be killed mg haters

Lol, I just knew it would be "zOMG U pRactisse wit a mG!!1!!11?"

Why would it blow the speaker? isn't a speaker only affected by the wattage you send into it?

Quote by JWBlack
Dont think they are hybrids btw

Yeah, I just realised my drummer is an idiot. TBH he said it was hybrid and I didn't really look at the amp at all.