No, this isn't spam. I got this from an email a while ago and remebered I had it.

Figured the Pit would like this piece of info...

THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a proble m for them.
BUT,whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.98 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and th e OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline f r om the two biggest companies (which now are one),EXX ONandMOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follo w suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time th e message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If t hose three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am . so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends th is e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going!!!!
Quote by Seryaph
Hold your tongue!! Spare our ears your vile blaspheme.

Chuck Norris doesn't die. He triumphs.
Tsunami-text!

RUN!!!

OT-

Petrol will end up in 20 years anyways. why bother?

Alternate energy FTW.
if we boycott a certain company than they will have to raise their prices to make a steady flow of money? explain if im wrong
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
oh my god

its upwards of £4.50 a gallon in the UK

thats $9

NINE DOLLARS BITCH

suck

it

up
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
makes sense... i wish i had a car
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
yea, thats right, stick it to the man.
Quote by AlecMag
You have made a potentially boring thread epic. Be proud.

Quote by rabidguitarist
deanwad could be right, actually.

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.
IF you don't buy from them they will just raise prices to make a profit, and that would just make it more expensive. Inflation FTW.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
doubt it will work. those things have been going around for a while now. I dont go to Mobil, but that just becuase there is a road ranger( old citgo) that i like better. Or shell, because you can put your money directly in at the pump.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol
I say pwnd/owned alot, and n00b even more frequently.

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Conoco-Phillips and Chevron Oil make just as much as ExxonMobile, Which is in fact, one company
Quote by Slaytanic6606
IF you don't buy from them they will just raise prices to make a profit, and that would just make it more expensive. Inflation FTW.

That is if there is no competition, which there virtually isn't because OPEC is a cartel, so yes and no to the validity of that statement.
it is pretty bogus tho that the oil companies are making record profits. i think it was in the the hundred billions for last year. somethin like that, i could be wrong.
But as to why its cheaper in America is cuz we dont only import oil, we have our own supply.
I dont know many places in europe that do that.
again i could be wrong
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

It comes up every few seconds actually. I actually said "imma pwn j00 n00b" to my girlfriend i think. She had no idea what i wastalking about, so i pwnt her n00b ass.
Gasoline and diesel are "floating commodities". Go ahead and boycott Exxon and Mobile. They don't care. There is X amount of refining capacity. If they don't sell it to their retail outlets they will just sell it to Shell and Marathon and Gulf and whoever else needs more supply to meet their increased demand. The only people that will get hurt are the private owners of Exxon and Mobile gas stations. They are franchises. Not owned by the parent oil company.
Dumb idea.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
If you don't buy from Exxon or Mobil, they'll just make a killing selling their gas to the other gas companies, who need it because of their increase in demand. The only people who suffer are the people working for Exxon and Mobil.

edit:ARRGH! Beat me to it Jackal!
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Quote by manic
it is pretty bogus tho that the oil companies are making record profits. i think it was in the the hundred billions for last year. somethin like that, i could be wrong.
But as to why its cheaper in America is cuz we dont only import oil, we have our own supply.
again i could be wrong

You are. Biggest difference between fuel prices in the US and the rest of the world is taxes. So when Brits bitch about the price they pay for gas I don't feel bad. Their problem is self inflicted.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Rocking-Rob
yup, you've got it cheap in america

but you guys don't drive as much and things are farther from each other in america.

so it probably evens out.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
didnt read it.

but the gas prices on the market now a days are inflated greatly by speculation. once people stop paying the prices will drop. a huge drop.

EDIT:
Quote by manic
again i could be wrong

ehh... not quite. we dont really have much oil in the 48 mainland united states. and a large portion of our domestic produce is coming from canada. the reason its dirt cheap in america is because most of the large oil companies have humungous refineries in the U.S.
Last edited by skaguitarist53 at Apr 8, 2008,
Quote by Pernell
Stop Whining
gas is friggin 4.50 a gallon here in Hawaii
and 5 bucks on Lanai
last time gas was 3 bucks here was like 2002

its so high because it has to be shipped out to Hawaii.
Quote by The_Hell_Patrol

Oil companies are seeing record profits because, as a global community, demand has increased. It's simple economics.

Think about it. If oil prices are higher, and oil companies budget to always make a 2% profit, then since prices are higher, they'll see a bigger profit. They're not screwing us over any more than they ever were, they're just reaping the benefits of supply side economics. That's life.

You really want to make the gas companies stop screwing you over, ride a bike, take a bus, or walk. Otherwise quit bitching.
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
Quote by skaguitarist53
didnt read it.

but the gas prices on the market now a days are inflated greatly by speculation. once people stop paying the prices will drop. a huge drop.

EDIT:

ehh... not quite. we dont really have much oil in the 48 mainland united states. and a large portion of our domestic produce is coming from canada. the reason its dirt cheap in america is because most of the large oil companies have humungous refineries in the U.S.

the main reason isn't the oil companies, it's who the oil companies buy it from.

the people we should be complaining about are the people who buy oil to sell it for a higher price. they're the ones that are jacking up the prices. they don't buy to use as gas and stuff, they buy to just make money off the sale.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
Quote by Chikitty_China
If you don't buy from Exxon or Mobil, they'll just make a killing selling their gas to the other gas companies, who need it because of their increase in demand. The only people who suffer are the people working for Exxon and Mobil.

edit:ARRGH! Beat me to it Jackal!

Great minds think alike. And now and then some people just get lucky.
That is the truth of the situation. Exxon/Mobile (One company btw) will sell their excess capacity to everybody else at a price slightly higher than they can produe it themselves so we just push the price a little higher.
Exxon/Mobile approves of your idea TS.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
this doesn't work, because as long as you drive the same amount that day you will end up buying more gas the next time you fill up so it balances out. If noone used any gas for a day then it might have a small effect, but still not enough. How about noone uses their car for a month? that would actually do something.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by clay pots
the main reason isn't the oil companies, it's who the oil companies buy it from.

the people we should be complaining about are the people who buy oil to sell it for a higher price. they're the ones that are jacking up the prices. they don't buy to use as gas and stuff, they buy to just make money off the sale.

but how does that affect the large scale companies like BP or Exxon where they can afford to extract and refine their own crude?
I REALLY hope that by the tie I get my liscence I won't be paying 4 bucks a gallon...

If so, I guess I' gonna have to buy a french fry grease car.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
this doesn't work, because as long as you drive the same amount that day you will end up buying more gas the next time you fill up so it balances out. If noone used any gas for a day then it might have a small effect, but still not enough. How about noone uses their car for a month? that would actually do something.

Sure would. It would put the entire planet into an economic tailspin that would be a very fertile breeding ground for WWIII.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
this won't work...Gas companies aren't going to lower their prices to where they'd be losing money by selling their gas. A lot of it is based on oil prices, which are also continually rising. Now if you can find some way to get oil prices down, that would be a start.
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

There's 300 million people in the U.S., not all of them have email...

It wont reach that many.

80th best UGer
Ignorant morons. Not buying gas will only increase the price.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend