i want to upgrade my bridge pickup in my washburn x50 pro (humbucker), i dont feel the current 59 (which is still great) is quite 'hot' enuough, i need it for metal, and obviously high output, and good for drop tuning. I like a power full punchy response, yet still quite smooth with good sustain. And needs to be passive by the way.

I came across the bare knuckle nailbomb, and seems to match my criteria, altho i havnt heard it. Does anybody think it would be a good route? Or are there any other pups to consider.
Alot of ppl w/ Nailbombs like em. I would look at a Duncan Distortion, or maybe a DiMarzio Evo.
Quote by vitchb
i want to upgrade my bridge pickup in my washburn x50 pro (humbucker), i dont feel the current 59 (which is still great) is quite 'hot' enuough, i need it for metal, and obviously high output, and good for drop tuning. I like a power full punchy response, yet still quite smooth with good sustain. And needs to be passive by the way.

I came across the bare knuckle nailbomb, and seems to match my criteria, altho i havnt heard it. Does anybody think it would be a good route? Or are there any other pups to consider.

that or a warpig, its pretty brutal but smooth, hot but has sustain. matt bellamy uses a nailbomb and i think the new guy in megadeth broderick as well
If your interested specifically in Bare Knuckles, go on their site and ask around on the Forums. Theyre all very helpful and know alot more about the different models than most on here.
Although I don't actually own any BKP, I have played guitars with them and have helped people install them. I think the Nailbomb is more generally used as a neck pickup, and the warpig in the bridge slot. Both are excellent pickups, but the nailbomb is a little smoother and softer, less brutal if you will, than the warpig.