Poll: Take all the advanced courses as projected
Poll Options
View poll results: Take all the advanced courses as projected
Do it
11 73%
Don't do/explanation/other
4 27%
Voters: 15.
Being the rather indecisive person that I am. I am leaving it up to the pit to make my decision about the following: This year(my freshman year in highschool), I took Academic Biology, Academic English Composition/Literature 9 , and Algebra II. And with the year drawing to an end and my school trying to make it easier on themselves decided to announce today that scheduling for next year must be turned in by the end of this week. However, this is where the problem arises if I continue on with the projected path I will take Academic English Composition/Literature 10, I am okay with that, Honors Chemistry, Once again this is fine, Advanced Algebra and Geometry, this is what I am a bit apprehensive about. I did okay this year in Algebra II but I'm not sure I will do good with two Math courses. Also if I take all the advanced courses I wont be able to take any electives or Physical Education classes meaning my Junior year I will have to double my physical education classes, once again leaving no room for electives which means no Music theory/composition, art II, drivers education, or anything of that sort. So that is the problem nows it's your turn to provide the solutions, thanks in advance
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
What do you plan on doing afterward?
By reading this magnificently and wonderful, adjective-filled signature, you have just wasted approximately 7 seconds of your life.
Why would taking all those classes leave no time for electives?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Why would taking all those classes leave no time for electives?

You can only have 7.0 credits

Honors Chemistry 2.0
Geometry 1.0
Advanced Algebra 1.0
French 2 1.0
World History .5
World History II .5
Academic English Compostion .5
Academic English Literature .5
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by fitbband
this is about music, not school.

What exactly do you mean by this

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by adamungar1
What do you plan on doing afterward?

I'm not Exactly sure mostly like something involving Sociology/Psychology/Chemistry

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
That's a pretty regular schedule to me. Stick with it.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Do you really like all the advanced courses you mentioned ??

If so you could do it

if not drop the least favourite and take music theory or something
Does your school offer summer school? If so, just take PE then, and any other classes you want/need.

Unless, you're in Magnet or something and they don't let you go to summer school to get ahead.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
your unlucky if u take 2 math classes in my school u dont have 2 take a language
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by gstacey1
your unlucky if u take 2 math classes in my school u dont have 2 take a language

If you want to go to college you do.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
...whoa, another dead kennedys fan in the Pit.

well, if you want to go into psychology, sociology or chemistry, the first thing to do would be to check the prerequisites for those fields with whatever college you intend on going to. also, the more math you've got under your belt, the better, in most cases.

i'm actually quite the hypocrite for saying this, considering i'm taking biology/geography next year instead of chemistry/physics. but it's just not my thing.

either way, you're a punk, man. drop out and squat in a shitty apartment in New York. i'll see you there.
Quote by Ach-med
You can only have 7.0 credits

Honors Chemistry 2.0
Geometry 1.0
Advanced Algebra 1.0
French 2 1.0
World History .5
World History II .5
Academic English Compostion .5
Academic English Literature .5

Each class takes up a whole period? Your school system makes no sense to me.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by gstacey1

it showz tht u dunt hav 2 tak a lunguge. u luky bastrd.
Quote by darkstar2466
Each class takes up a whole period? Your school system makes no sense to me.

Your telling me

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
The only reason im taking French 2 is because I already took french 1, figured I would just stick with it. Taking a language is mandatory at my school but I chose to

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Just stick with what you have on that list. You may not have electives, but you will gain more general knowledge from those classes.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by dannay
...whoa, another dead kennedys fan in the Pit.

well, if you want to go into psychology, sociology or chemistry, the first thing to do would be to check the prerequisites for those fields with whatever college you intend on going to. also, the more math you've got under your belt, the better, in most cases.

i'm actually quite the hypocrite for saying this, considering i'm taking biology/geography next year instead of chemistry/physics. but it's just not my thing.

either way, you're a punk, man. drop out and squat in a shitty apartment in New York. i'll see you there.

Brain death ... Mind death... school damage... Straight A's

Who doesn't like Dead Kennedys in the pit

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Quote by darkstar2466
Just stick with what you have on that list. You may not have electives, but you will gain more general knowledge from those classes.

Yes, this is basically what I was thinking
Thanks for the reinforcement, I'll probably do this

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul