hey there guys.. im getting a $10 000 loan for a car + amp..
I will probably also buy a second hand ESP EC1000 DELUXE white
with the $2000 i already have saved (the guitar is about $1400)

I play alot of things and i am interested in MESA, bogner, Krank, soldano, bogner.
I want a head thats less than 100 watts so i can crank it, so im loooking maybe at a mesa single 50 recto head? for about $1900.. or maybe a JSX combo.

I want to buy second hand because i find thats the best way as gear depreciates rather quickly. For the other brands soldano, bogner id have to import them from USA using ebay.. but then that will cost atleast $300 shipping.

I want to use about $6000 - $7000 for the car so that leaves me with $4000 to spend
on an amp... any suggestion (i live in australia) thanks
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Mesa boogie single recto series 2
Line 6 Toneport
Mesa boogie single recto series 1
Digitech GNX4
With 4 grand, find the amp you like, fly to the U.S. pick the amp up, fly back, you win.
you still won't be able to really crank a 50 watt tube head under normal circumstances.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I'd look into a car more than an amp. Especially if you have a job.
Don't blow off all your money on an amp now!
what kinda of music are you gonna play? Name some bands you'd like to sound like.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
are you talking about getting a $10,000 loan from the bank? So that you pay it off over a few months/years? IMO, thats insanely stupid. What about school (assuming you still go), bills, etc.?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I have nearly $2000 in my bank, im getting a loan from the bank, ive been trying to save for ever for an amp, i have finishes school, ive already worked it out i can make the repayments...i live at home so i dont have to pay bills and my parents give me money
i play
parkway drive
as blood runs black
eric clapton
kings of leon
blink 182

really need a diverse amp
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
you should probably not use more than 1500 on amp, and then no more than 1500 for guitar, that way you still have 9000 for car...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Are you really sure you want a $10,000 loan on your back? No offense or anything, but living at home and having your parents give you money doesn't sound like the best situation to be taking out a $10,000 loan. Maybe your parents can chip in to help you buy a car.
Quote by fifer
you should probably not use more than 1500 on amp, and then no more than 1500 for guitar, that way you still have 9000 for car...

He's right, spend 9 grand on a valiant charger ... i would go a dodge, but they cost too much to get into the country
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
Quote by Guitarmiester
Are you really sure you want a $10,000 loan on your back? No offense or anything, but living at home and having your parents give you money doesn't sound like the best situation to be taking out a $10,000 loan. Maybe your parents can chip in to help you buy a car.

Loan are the worst, if you can't pay it keeps adding up! Get a job and pay with your own money!!! Or ask you parents if your that desparate. Are you giging, why so much money for guitar gear? I say spend no more than $1000 for both amp and guitar, go used and you can get awesome gear if you know where to look.
Jem 7dbk
Ibanez s540 custom
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez RG520
Ibanez Roadstar II RG410
Ibanez Destroyer II 80's
Schecter C-1 Blackjack
Gibson LP Studio Lite
Fender Start MIM
Kramer Sustainer
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Peavey XXX 40W
Vox DA5
lol this thread turned into life advice rather than amp advice.

but, every time i hear those prices, i feel bad for the fellow UGers down under.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
Dodge = failed miserably.

Get a Holden! Car that is. They are GTOs here in the US. Can't help you on an amp in that price range though, sorry. Gregs1020=amp under $500. I spend too much on my car.
Quote by esp1234

However, an amp will depreciate waaaaaaayyyyyyyy less than a car.
lol
we're just jealous.

but seriously, if a guy gave me 10 grand, and was like "buy a new amp!" my firs instinct would be, "i could totally get through 2 semesters of colege on this!"

my dream amp tho, is a diezl herbert, awesome cleans, awesome distortion, almost 5 grand i think
Im 17... if you look i already have a guitar..
yes you are all jelious... thanks for the advice -_-

the car i want cost about 6000 - 7000

ehh dont worry i never get good help here anyways laterz
Setup

Ibanez SZ320
Randall RD75
EHX METAL MUFF
Line 6 Toneport
Digitech GNX4
Wait! I can help:-)

Firstly i strongly suggest against the guitar you are buying if it has active pick-ups. IMO they do not have good versatility. Look into maybe a Framus or 2nd hand guitar at global vintage, and maybe buy some bareknuckle pickups.

Now, as for the amp.. The bogners you can afford are the Shiva 1x12 and Metropolis 2x12 at http://www.deluxeguitars.com.au/bogner.asp.
I'd suggest a combo but MI AUDIO have come out with a Head, most of their stuff is pretty good. This is supposed to be extremely versatile and great but I have never seen one, let alone try.
Unfortunently Mesas are extremely expensive in AUS but if you can find one used a Roadster, Roadking, Stilletto, Mark 3 or Mark 4 will do well.

Out of the amps mentioned I'd go with a Bogner SHIVA 1x12. You can also get in touch with www.elmwood.se and get one of their beautiful amps shipped out here. I'm getting my hands on a M90 when i get the money. Elmwood are known as Bogner killers if you want an idea of how they sound. I tried a M60 and fell in love.

As for the car buy an Alfa:-)
Thread started, have a look into some Hughes and Kettner amps, very good and versitile. What type of car where you planning on buying also?
HAHAHA! This reminds me of my friend. When he was 13-14 he got $10,000 off a mate he knew who unfortunately died. Anyway he bought an ESP MH-1000, Cube 30, drum kit, a Lagecy PRS rip-off and LITERALLY $4000 - $5000 on CD's and DVD's. The rest was randomly spent on outings, his girlfriend and stuff over the years.

That said, you live in Brisbane so a trip down to the Goldcoast isn't much for you. head to Guitar World and try out everything there. Then go to ebay and buy what you wanted. Theres a Mesa Mark IV on there now for only $2500, a bogner Ecstasy for $4500 and much more.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by Moe.

Oh god, the English skills in that..

im minimalistic and have shiity spelling skills
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by esp1234

that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Who cares about a car, when you need an amplifier? Amp is more important than a car, and I will explain why.

step 1: Get a piece of wood and attach wheels to it.

step 2: Get a really long cable, for the power supply

step 3: Put your new 300 watt amp on the piece of wood

step 4: play some music

This will go really fast make sure that the speakers are pointing towards the back of the "car"
Quote by angusslashdime
im minimalistic and have shiity spelling skills

Uh, is that your listing?
If so, why does it state that you're in Sydney on UG; but on ebay the item location is in Melbourne?
Quote by esp1234

that is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. Who cares about a car, when you need an amplifier? Amp is more important than a car, and I will explain why.

step 1: Get a piece of wood and attach wheels to it.

step 2: Get a really long cable, for the power supply

step 3: Put your new 300 watt amp on the piece of wood

step 4: play some music

This will go really fast make sure that the speakers are pointing towards the back of the "car", or you will go backwards.
Quote by Moe.
Uh, is that your listing?
If so, why does it state that you're in Sydney on UG; but on ebay the item location is in Melbourne?

i never said the amp was mine i was just suggesting that he should by it think next time
Member No. 002# of the Australia FTW! Club, PM the_random_hero or Alter-Bridge to join".
DEAN 79MLF > Fulltone OCD > Keeley TS9DX Flexi > Marshall Sliver Jubilee > Orange PPC 4x12

Quote by angusslashdime
i never said the amp was mine i was just suggesting that he should by it think next time

Ah sorry. But when you said 'im minimalistic and have shiity spelling skills' it made me think that you were talking about the listing as if it was yours. Because when I stated 'bad English' I meant the listing.
oh i see sorry man what a hilarious misunderstanding sorry mate

but anyway TS I strongly suggest the ecstacy its an awesome ampilfier and versitle

Quote by gface
Im 17... if you look i already have a guitar..
yes you are all jelious... thanks for the advice -_-

the car i want cost about 6000 - 7000

ehh dont worry i never get good help here anyways laterz

Jealous? I was only trying to offer some advice, no need to be stuck up about it. I've seen a few people I know take out a loan and not really understand what they're getting into. To me, it doesn't seem like you know what you're getting into. You don't even have a job, how do you expect to pay off a $10,000 loan without a source of income?
Quote by angusslashdime
oh i see sorry man what a hilarious misunderstanding sorry mate

flight of the conchords?
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
are you talking about getting a $10,000 loan from the bank? So that you pay it off over a few months/years? IMO, thats insanely stupid. What about school (assuming you still go), bills, etc.?

i agree, don´t take a loan...get a car you can afford without taking a loan!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!