this part

e|-----15-17p15-------------15h17p15-------------15h17p15--------------|
b|-/17----------17-15-17h19----------17-15-17h19----------17-15-17h19--|
g|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
D|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------------------------------------|

it's the only part i can't get... and been practicing a few days on it and haven't seen much improvement (which is odd... means i'm really stuck)

how do u guys play it... do u cheat in anyway? play a note less? just pick out the whole thing? any ideas? it's annoying the hell out of me!
instead of playing the G on the second string 19th fret and then doing it again on the first string 15th fret play it twice on the first string, that'll save you the trouble of switching strings and allow you to just do hammer ons and pull offs instead of picking every note
Gear:
Ibanez RG121
Ibanez GTA15R Amp
red Allegro nylon-strung acoustic of unkown model

Quote by Mechanix

We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

^
Quote by Jastul
instead of playing the G on the second string 19th fret and then doing it again on the first string 15th fret play it twice on the first string, that'll save you the trouble of switching strings and allow you to just do hammer ons and pull offs instead of picking every note

hmm 19th is the 14th on the first string thou so i would still have to pick 14 then go back to 15 which is still hard as crap

as for the post above i have to use my index, middle and ring fingers.... semi big hands and it's easier with those 3

picking out the whole thing sucks

ahhhhh

jus one of those points in guitar that make u wanna scream lol
I remember trying this song and got to where you are.. I just can`t do that part to save my life. I`ve tried to find other tabs that may have an easier version, but so far have not found one.
Quote by spike41tv
use ur index finger at 15, ring finger at 17, and ur pinky at 19

i agree, and im stuck at that same part, the rest is easy compared to that part
Quote by metalupyour4ss
this part

it's the only part i can't get... and been practicing a few days on it and haven't seen much improvement (which is odd... means i'm really stuck)

how do u guys play it... do u cheat in anyway? play a note less? just pick out the whole thing? any ideas? it's annoying the hell out of me!

that's not really odd, it just means you've found something that's a lot harder than your current ability level. You need to master it at a much slower speed first, then gradually get it up the speed it was recorded at. Concentrate on learning to play it before learning to play it fast, if you try and play it too fast you'll just screw up.

It's not going to take days, more like weeks or possibly even months.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
damn... i was hoping to not hear the practice more suggestion... but i guess that's what i need to do!

btw, any recommend me a new axe? must have emg81/85's... lol
Quote by metalupyour4ss
this part

That part is a bitch, for what is worth, i have been practicing that lick since like almost 2 year (on and off) and i still can't get it completely clean (picking every note on the B string and legato on the E string). My suggestion is to practice it without distortion, just clean or unplugged.
I think Hammett play it with hammer-on and pulloffs for a smooth sound, but you can play it the way you like it or suit you best.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS