Ok i have an epiphone lp standard, (if that matters) and need an amp. I have no idea what to buy. I already know how 2 play, so i dont need a beginer amp. I was thinkin about getting a Line 6 spiderIII(is that a good one?), but dont know.I play every kind of music, so i want something versatile.Anything will help
the spider is not versitile and it doesnt sound good, according to most in here...I think that you could do better with a nice tube amp...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
the spider is not versitile and it doesnt sound good, according to most in here...I think that you could do better with a nice tube amp...

You're half right. It is versatile, but it's just poor in the tone department. The Roland cubes tend to be better, but more expensive.
well I dont think anything that sounds bad is versitile, on the other hand if something sounds good, and it can produce different sounds it is versitile...maybe its versitile in a bad way, that it sounds bad in many different ways...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
its nay on the siper eh, budget ?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Fender blues junior, hands down (I'm assuming you have a budget). I wouldn't waste you money on a solid state. You could also consider an epiphone valve junior half stack (not as versatile ... i.e. 1 knob but still sounds good.)
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by T C coolman
Ok i have an epiphone lp standard, (if that matters) and need an amp. I have no idea what to buy. I already know how 2 play, so i dont need a beginer amp. I was thinkin about getting a Line 6 spiderIII(is that a good one?), but dont know.I play every kind of music, so i want something versatile.Anything will help

a line 6 is a good amp im getting a 120 watt spyder lll if ur wallet has no bottom a marshall 1967 stack tubs make a great amp really depends if u r with a drummer and what the room size is. me the drummer in my band plays so loud my 60 watt tube amp can hardly be heard but get a 40 watt tube it will sound like 100 pretty much stick with tubes
Just search these forums for Spider III, see what comes up. There have been many references to that amp.
if you're looking for a modeling amp, get a Cube.
get the ones < 30 and the microcube is good too.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
May I firmly suggest that you never take advice from people with poor taste in punctuation.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Valve Jr and some pedals.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
may i firmly suggest you listen to kendall...and tell us your budget

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by ooopyy
a line 6 is a good amp im getting a 120 watt spyder lll if ur wallet has no bottom a marshall 1967 stack tubs make a great amp really depends if u r with a drummer and what the room size is. me the drummer in my band plays so loud my 60 watt tube amp can hardly be heard but get a 40 watt tube it will sound like 100 pretty much stick with tubes

^*Inserts Illegal Fruit Pic*

Lol wut?

You are getting a line6 spider III 120 watt, yet you recommend tubes at the end?
If your so called 60 watt tube amp can't get over a drummer... It's probably not tube, or you're doing something seriously wrong.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by T C coolman
I was thinkin about getting a Line 6 spiderIII(is that a good one?)

No.

Quote by T C coolman
I play every kind of music, so i want something versatile.

Please define "every kind of music," and tell us your budget, and whether you need an amp for your bedroom, jamming, or gigs. Most suggestions before we get that info will probably prove to be useless.

But in the meantime, get a Mesa Mark IV.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by ooopyy

Does anyone know what this kid just said? I can't make sense of his post. He has a 60 watt tube amp, but he says it doesn't keep up with his drummer. Then recommends a 40 watt tube amp since it will sound like 100? To top it off, he's buying a 120 watt Spider III?

Quote by Guitarmiester
Does anyone know what this kid just said? I can't make sense of his post. He has a 60 watt tube amp, but he says it doesn't keep up with his drummer. Then recommends a 40 watt tube amp since it will sound like 100? To top it off, he's buying a 120 watt Spider III?

I stand behind my previous statement.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by ooopyy

wow, I was getting tired of my other sig, so I randomly picked one...but now I have to use this one!
Quote by RetroGunslinger