So, I have this idea for making a frankenstrat during the summer. I plan on using one of my friends worthless squier strat's body, and spicing it up with a new neck, humbucker, new whammy, and new paint.

I am wondering, where is the best place to get a really good deal on a strat maple neck, new, or used, with out having to fork out 100$ or more. I would like to not have to go past 50$, but if I have to, I might. for aesthetic reasons, I'm only really interest in the 1950's/60's headstock style, none of those CBS 70's things.

My second question is what would be a good, and again, cheap tremelo for a strat body. Im not into the whole routing thing, so a floyd rose sounds out of the question, but a wilkinson perhaps?

i've been searching ebay, and it seems a little iffy to me, getting something like a neck, and not knowing the condition it will be in. I thought I had struck gold when I found Eden Guitar Parts, but found out thier fret work is a nightmare.

and my final question, what kind of paint should I use?
- Lord Bosch
for the paint just cherry red take it into an auto painter you can real cheap. then use installation tape once your happy with it laquer it it will look great it worked for me and eddie himself so i se no reasin it shouldnt work for you
Alright, now about the floyd rose.
I've goten a body that had a two-point fender tremolo on it, and I would like to get a GFS Floyd Rose. My question is, since it already has the anchor screws, will putting in a floyd rose be just a matter of dropping it in, and screwing the screws, or will there be other installation needs. I also plan on not using a special nut for it, just a regular one, and perhaps using one of those string trees that covers all 6 strings. (I can do that, right?)

btw. this is the floyd I would like to use: http://store.guitarfetish.com/flroflotrsy.html
and if anyone knows where to find a cheaper or better floyd for the price, that would own.
- Lord Bosch
Quote by Led-747
I also plan on not using a special nut for it, just a regular one, and perhaps using one of those string trees that covers all 6 strings. (I can do that, right?)
Both sound like bad ideas. A bone nut, heavily doped with graphite lubricant or a graphtech nut would be advisable if you plan to use your Floyd to any extent.

String trees should be avoided wherever possible. There another place for the string to get caught up and mess with the tuning after a dive-bomb. If you can use a graduated set of tuners and use no string trees at all, that would be even better. But if you must use string trees, use them only where needed and get good quality parts.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.