first off the b c rich is just one of the 3 deluxe models that all have the same specs. So i don't know if i want the v or the warbeast or the warlock(lol). Looks is the easy part.

The other guitar is kirk's guitar from metallica. A whopping price of 3500 compared to 750 for the b c rich. Tell me why the hell it is so much more.

What im asking is if i put 81/81 emg's into the b c rich what is going to be the difference (sides the 2500 dollars lol)? Also im new to emgs, im looking for a metallica tone and wanted to know if the 81/81's will sound good with alot of heavy metal (not just metallica).

Specs:
kirk from metallica guitar

bc rich:
Last edited by warfront1 at Apr 8, 2008,
I cant stand BC Rich. They're a joke to metal guitars. 666 Jagged edges on a guitar doesn't make it cool.

The difference is quality control and woods. Wood differentiates the tone way more than pickups.
Quote by SixString1989
I cant stand BC Rich. They're a joke to metal guitars. 666 Jagged edges on a guitar doesn't make it cool.

The difference is quality control and woods. Wood differentiates the tone way more than pickups.

wow.... a little anger towards b c rich. Also metallica used mahagony back in the 80's. and i wish u would explain more. instead of blowing bc rich out the window
Last edited by warfront1 at Apr 8, 2008,
Actually, to be honest, the BC Rich Classic Deluxe Eagle is stunning, though ive never touched one. All their popular guitars just seem so 14 year old to me.
The BC rich is the way to go. With an EMG 85/81 pair you really won't need to switch anything, the 81 is gonna be really good for the gritty sound you're looking for, then switch to the 85 to solo and it'll be MUCH better than with an 81 in the neck. They honestly aren't that good for cleans.
Quote by edusty2010
The BC rich is the way to go. With an EMG 85/81 pair you really won't need to switch anything, the 81 is gonna be really good for the gritty sound you're looking for, then switch to the 85 to solo and it'll be MUCH better than with an 81 in the neck. They honestly aren't that good for cleans.

what about the wood differences and w.e
Quote by edusty2010

.... Or find another guitar with an 81/60 set.
I would just leave the B.C. Rich the way it is.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
*sigh*
Don't just go for a Metallica sound you're going to want versatility, unless you are in a tribute band.

BC- Rich Guitars are ugly as **** IMO.

Go for a PRS Custom 24, with the kind of money you have. You won't regret it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
*sigh*
Don't just go for a Metallica sound you're going to want versatility, unless you are in a tribute band.

That is pretty expensive
Between the two, I'd go for the ESP.
"Acoustic Guitars are totally lame and not metal"- Nathan Explosion
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
*sigh*

ill agree some are ugly but the v is a v. Its pretty plain and is cheap as hell with that good equipement on it.
Quote by warfront1
ill agree some are ugly but the v is a v. Its pretty plain and is cheap as hell with that good equipement on it.

Yeah, that V is really nice. I was considering it a lot until I decided against a trem. Honestly for the price it's a really good deal; especially with an OFR, and EMG;s. That and honestly that thing looks beastly!
Quote by edusty2010
Yeah, that V is really nice. I was considering it a lot until I decided against a trem. Honestly for the price it's a really good deal; especially with an OFR, and EMG;s. That and honestly that thing looks beastly!

why didn't you want the trem?
Christ, just go buy an ESP M-II Neck Thru. Its the same guitar, just without Kirk's name on it.
Be cool.
Quote by BleedDeathMetal

+1.

The Kirk Hammett signature guitar is also more expensive because Kirk Hammett has his name on it, duh..
And you'd be better off with something like Seymour duncans or something, EMGs sound terrible.
Quote by Moe.
+1.

The Kirk Hammett signature guitar is also more expensive because Kirk Hammett has his name on it, duh..
And you'd be better off with something like Seymour duncans or something, EMGs sound terrible.

+1 Just because it has Kirk Hammett on it won't make it sound any better.
Also true about EMG's. They are cool for a while, but tend to get boring. SD's sound more raw and never get boring.
Go for a PRS or USA Jackson
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower