Well I've been playing guitar now for about six years and for a while now I've been thinking about trying out the drums. My friend offered me a five piece set of Pearl drums with a double kick and six Zildjian cymbals for five hundred dollars and the only way I'm going to afford to buy them is to sell my Jackson dinky which I've had for about two years. Normally this would be obvious to me and I would buy the drums, but I guess because the Jackson was my first REAL guitar I wonder if I will regret it later as I have done before when selling instruments. I still have another guitar, but it's no where near as good as the Jackson is. Any input?
Just tell him to hold on to it and get a job?
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Do you play drums? Obvious question... but yeah. Do you?
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Snowblind 911
Do you play drums? Obvious question... but yeah. Do you?

Are you kidding? He said he wants to try it out.... So no, he doesn't.

I wouldn't sell my good guitar... Just save up for it and if he's cool he'll hold it for you. =P
Don't sell your guitar , specially if it means something to you,get a job and then buy the drum set.
find another way to get the money
a job if you can
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
What everybody else said about getting him to hold on to it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if i were you,

its your first real guitar...it has meaning dude...well, at least my s470 has meaning to me it ****ing rocks
Put a down payment on it. Tell him you'll pay it off, but he can keep them until you pay it off. But that is really cheap. Usually a set of zildjian cymbals are worth more than that, or the double kick, so go for it. If you have to, i'd say sell the jackson, then buy it at a later date.
Quote by crazygluedmybut
Sell your other guitar, to make a down payment. Get a job to buy the rest.

This is the answer.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
5000 fat chicks at $10 each....or 50 really fat chicks for $1000 each
Quote by campbell92
Here that kids, ants love cum.

Quote by Jaymz2K
I was about to suggest this. Listen to this man, he is wise and all-knowing.
Quote by ZanasCross
Pull a "producers." If you don't get it, rent the movie and then you will. Mel Brooks is awesome.
The new one or the old one?
or you could just ask you friend to show you how to play some simple beats on the kit, THEN decide if you want to continue learning. Might save yourself some heartache if you buy it from him then realize you don't really like it. Just a thought.

EDIT: if this has anything to do with the 'producers' post, sorry, I didn't get the reference
My Gear:
Ashton AG131
Ashton GA10 (amp)
Marshall MG250DX (gasp, i know...)
Ibanez S470DXQM
EH Metal Muff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") ... he's gaining power
Quote by Mattman22255577
5000 fat chicks at $10 each....or 50 really fat chicks for $1000 each

I'll take both.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Sell the Jackson and next thing you know I'm on your doorstep waiting for you with a baseball bat to knock the hell out of you. Don't sell it, it is a Jackson and come on you don't have a better one.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Or you could take it to the right forum.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend